Ch. 4

Unknown P.O.V.

I watched as Sohyun climbed into the car, then everything faded to white, and I let out a sigh of relief. She was safe, for now at least. That killer couldn't get her.

The bright light faded, and I found myself back in the white room. I avoided looking across to his side, and walked over to my "corner." I was thankful for the new additions to the room, the small bookcase and chair, along with the mirror that hung on the wall above the bookcase. I was surprised when I first looked into it, seeing how different my appearance was.

The tips of my dark auburn hair were growing lighter, turning blonde, and my eyes were no longer a warm brown. They were basically colorless, an almost metallic silver. From what I saw when I was with Sohyun, it looked like the guy's were experiencing the same changes. Chen's once brown hair was a pitch black, and his eyes were the same silver as mine. I just couldn't figure out why.

With a sigh, I sat down in the chair by the bookcase, picking out a light blue covered book, and flipped open to the first page. I saw an image that made my heart ache. It was of a blanket spread out among flowers and grass, a picnic basket set down in the middle, a waterfall in the background. It was where Tao had proposed to me so long ago. Flipping to the next page, I saw Tao holding a small black box open, a ring sitting inside. My eyes wandered to my left hand, and saw that very ring on my finger, and I frowned.

Glancing across the room, I saw Daehyun sitting in a chair, sketching in a drawing book that appeared who knows how long ago. Shaking my head, I pushed away the words he had told me when we first arrived in this white room. I still didn't trust him, and the thought of my being able to go back with just one bite seemed too good to be true.

Closing the book, I put it back on the shelf I had taken it from, and stood, turning to face the mirror. Staring into the mirror, I watched as my reflection changed, and I saw Sohyun staring back at me. Taking a deep breath, I brought my hand to the mirror, and felt myself get pulled through it.

~~~

Sohyun's P.O.V.

"What were you thinking, going out there?" Jisung asked. "And sneaking out through Jinsuk's window? How did you even manage that?"

I had to come up with something quick, but nothing was coming to mind. It was easy to tell that they were annoyed, waiting for an answer.
What could I say that didn't sound crazy? Nothing, because there was no good reason to leave the house on my own.

"I'm sorry." I began. "I can't tell you." Hopefully I could keep it from them long enough for them to give up on questioning me.

"What do you mean you can't tell us?" Jinwoo asked, angry.

"It's none of your business. It's something personal that I can't tell you." I said again.

Jisung sighed in defeat, Jinsuk groaned in annoyance, and Jiyoung went red in the face, angry.

"We're not going to get it out of her." Jisung said, glancing at his brothers.

"I don't care, she could have been killed, and she needs to realize the danger she put herself in." Jinwoo replied.

"Sohyun, just, go upstairs or something." Jinsuk said, waving me away. "You're still in trouble, but it's late and we all just need to go to sleep."