Ch. 17

Sohyun's P.O.V.

At Tao's words, Chen quickly ushered me from the room, having to pull Khristi's hand from mine, and I could hear Khristi calling after me, sounding panicked. My eyes were still locked with hers as Chen pulled me away, neither of us looking away even as the bedroom door shut between us.

I could hear voices on the other side of the door, but didn't have a chance to figure out what they were saying since Chen gently pulled me after him, leading me downstairs.

"Kai?" He called out as we reached the bottom of the stairs. "Kai, we need to go. Now." He called out again.

Natasha and Luhan looked up at us from where the sat talking on one of the couches.

Footsteps sounded down a hallway near the door, and Kai ran into the living room, followed buy the two little girls. He was smiling as they chased him, but his expression changed at Chen's words. He didn't seem to notice the girls grabbing onto him, laughing.

"What? Why?" Natasha asked, rising from her seat.

"Khristi is hungry, and Sohyun needs to leave now, just in case things get out of hand." Chen answered, and pulled me over to him, hugging me to him as Kai placed his hand on Chen's shoulder.

"Khristi's awake?" Kai asked, and the girls who hung on him looked up at Chen and I. Chen gave a nod, and Luhan was up the stairs in a flash.

"Yeah." Chen replied. The girls looked at one another, then to the stairs. "Girls, stay downstairs until your dad or one of your Uncles tell you it's okay to go upstairs."

"But, mommy-" The auburn haired girl began, but Chen shook his head.

"You mom just woke up, and she needs blood. It's not safe to be around her yet, especially for you two. Promise me you'll wait until your dad says it's safe." Kai explained.

The girls looked disappointed, but nodded, letting go of Kai and stepping away so we could teleport. "We promise." They both said.

"We'll come back later." Chen said softly. "We'll bring back In-soo, and everyone else too. Since your mom is awake, everyone will want to see her."

The girls instantly cheered up. "Okay." The blacked haired girl said, smiling.

"Here, let's go play in the garden." Natasha smiled, leading the girls out a door in the glass wall, stepping out into the garden.

Leaving it at that, the familiar black mist surrounded us as Kai teleported us back to their house. I hugged Chen as the living room came into view, and let out a sigh.

"Chen." I began, and he looked down at me. "Why was she in a coma?"

He was silent for a moment, and glanced over at Kai, as if asking for help in answering my question.

"You might as well tell her." Kai said, heading to the kitchen where Kyungsoo was just starting to make breakfast.

Chen nodded, and took a deep breath. "A lot has happened that led up to it, but there was a big fight." He said, sitting down on the sofa, gently pulling me down beside him.

"Is that what you were talking about before Eunkwang attacked us?" I questioned, and he nodded.

"Yeah. We were attacked by a man who had been after our family since before we were turned." He explained, holding my hand, rubbing his thumb across the back of my hand as he spoke. "He was a witch, but somehow gained the power of a demonic force in the process of hunting us down. He used that power to his advantage, gaining followers, and built an army. They attacked us, and we won, but had lost more than we could afford."