chapter2

Brice is above❤

It was Saturday night - I had nothing at all to do. Suddenly my phone goes off, it was one of my best friends, Mackenzie. She said Hey wanna go to a bonfire tonight? It starts at 7, it would be your type of setting, next to a cozy fire, surrounded by cute males. I nearly took my phone and hit her in the head 1,000 times with it. I don't like public activities, or human interaction.

Sure why not? I sent, why am I even agreeing to this? I shook my head and Brice crossed my mind... Should I ask him to attend this with me?

I ignored it and put on a pair of burgundy jeans with a white long sleeve shirt, along with my favorite leather jacket. Before I slipped on my boots I decided to call Brice.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Huh, hey it's Bianca."

"Oh hey Bianca, how are you?"

"I'm fine, what are you doing?"

"I'm not really doin' anything, what's up?"

"My friend asked me to a bonfire, but it's not really my thing, you know...people. Anyways so I wanted to know if you'd want to come."

"Oh, okay the shy girl from the store is asking me out to a bonfire, I'll go."

"Not really like a date, I hardly know you. But like as friends." I shrugged.

"Yeah, when's it start?"

"7, uh I can meet you at the store if you'd like."

"No, you stay there, I can remember where you called home, I'll pick you up."

"Okay, let me finish getting ready." I said placing my phone on speaker.

"Okay, I will be over in 25 minutes." He said before hanging up. I slipped on my boots and sat in front of my vanity. I applied light makeup, mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. Nothing to much, not that much under or whatever. I saw a black Ford F-350 pull into the drive way.

I smiled and ran out the door, luckily my sister wasn't home, I got away easy this time. I turn from locking the door to take the steps off the porch when a single Daisy was shown. I nearly fell into the bushes due to how close it was.

"Oh hey Brice, you scared me." I said as he tucked the Daisy behind my ear, leading me to the truck.

"Look your legitimately falling for me already, I knew something was different with you." He joked opening the passenger door for me.

"Thank you, who raised you?"

"My aunt, Uncle and Granddaddy." He said shutting my door once I got in, jogging to the other side of the truck.

"Oh okay, well I thought this bonfire might take you back home some, you know since bonfires are southern, and Texas is like the most southern state I know."

"Is that the only reason?" He asked turning the key in the ignition.

"No, maybe." I smiled and looked out the window.

"Okay, then where is this place?" He asked turning the dial on the radio tuning it down.

"It is like the bank, but a few miles down the road."

"I know where the bank is okay. Now what's the other reason you wanted me to go with you?"

"Defiantly not because you make me feel safe." Stupid stupid stupid.

"And you think you'll need my assistance at this place because that guy might show up?"

"Yeah." I smiled and turned the radio back up. I remember that line before, ' Boy, you oughta see a grown ass man on a punk ass joke like you', but where? "Wait, you quoted this singer Friday!"

"He is pretty good, so I learn from him and feel like it was the perfect situation to learn my country rock knowledge."

"Good point." I pointed out, suddenly a tune from the song I love began to play.

"Dear Dolly You don't know me at all I didn't know who to write I didn't who to call

this old guitar that I'm holding its all that's holding me now keeping me together giving me hope when everyone was trying to keep me down Well dear dolly they say it's a man's world and it's not that I'm not good enough but nobody wants to here a little song from a girl I'll keep singing my heart out I won't believe what they tell me is that what you would do if it where you Dear Dolly oh so anytime somebody trys to tell I can't I know I can you showed me how to believe in a Dream and I will always love you yeah yeah oh Dear Dolly I keep singing my heart out cuz that's what you would do if it where you Dear Dolly Dear dolly Dear Dolly"

I sang in unison with the singer.

"So your a country girl at heart?" He asked, a huge goofy grin on his face.

"Yeah, I've kinda always had a sweet spot for the good country." I said and thought back to Friday, "what happened out there? You know on Friday, I mean yesterday."

"Oh just he ended up being a chicken. I threw one punch, busting his lip and he crawled away." He spoke with confidence, funny I actually like that, I've never heard confidence sound good on anyone.

"Oh,what if you see him tonight? What would you do?"

"I don't know depends on what does down." He said placing his hand on mine that was resting  on the center console.