chapter 3

Bianca above❤

Soon we arrived at the bonfire, it was already going, it was 7, on the dot. I saw a bunch of lawn chairs gathered around the burning wood as people drank they threw their empty cans into the pit. I chose a little wooden bench and saw Kayla hanging around some brunette.

Brice sat next to me, making sure to keep some distance, but not an uncomfortable distance. "May I, like put my arm around your back?" He asked, I nodded from his weird question I giggled. I took my book Two by Two by Nicolas Sparks and opened it.

I felt Brice get up to go do something. I was on the opposite side of the fire than everyone else, and I felt someone's hands over my eyes. "Stop Brice, I don't like my eyes being covered."

"I'm not Brice," a familiar voice said, once I analyzed it, the person's grip was torn off of me.

"I thought I told you to get off her."

"Hold on a moment Brice, why are you over here Kyle?" I asked placing a hand on Brice's forearm.

"What would it take to get you back?" Kyle, the guy who was touching me in the store, my ex boyfriend,had asked.

"Hmm, let me think, hell would have to freeze over, drinking starts making you sober, and you find me a five leave clover." I said remembering the song 'Hell would have to freeze over'.

"Really? What if I....I got nothing, damn."

"Oh yeah you really want me back, well to bad on your part, you know you should have never done that, it is a sin like you can't do that." What the hell? I'm not even Christian.

"What is this about?" Brice asked leaning against the bench.

"He freaking cheated on me and decided to fuck a slut, oops."

"No I didn't, that wasn't me! I can fucking promise you."

"Like she wasn't all over your Instagram and Snapchat, and like you never socially called her a good shag."

"Well damn your not gonna give in, but eventually you will miss this."

"Pssh I doubt it, you were like a curse."

"Fuck you to." Kyle says before he walks away, into the crisp night air.  I grabbed Brice's arm before he could go after him.

"Stay." The simple word command sounded more like a question, he nodded and sat back down next to me.

"Why did you go out with him? You need a true gentleman, he's not that, you deserve a lot better."

"What do you mean?" I asked and he placed a hand on my knee.

"What I mean is you shouldn't be stuck with a guy who isn't going to appreciate who he's with, a pretty, well mannered, thoughtful woman."

"Thank you Brice, but how did you know what to say? Like we barely even know each other, we only met once before, and that was brief."

"I could just tell, but usually I cant tell like its a shot in the dark but  I could tell there was something different with you.

"Like what?" I asked, then I saw Brice's eyes shift to behind me. I wanted to look behind me, but I could see the reflection in Brice's  eyes. Someone was reaching out for me. I turned around quickly to have the hand stop less than an inch away from my face.

"Why are you here?" Brice asked, it was Kyle, of course.

"Never mind, its nothing." Kyle said and began to walk away, this time I didn't stop Brice. Kyle kept on acting like he couldn't hear the footsteps that Brice produced when I could heard them clearly.