Chapter 1

Five hundred years ago, a young Princess and her family decided to burn down the Western Kingdom, starting in the depletion of their profits.
It was said that the whole royal family had been killed in the fire, that is, until news got around about the Princess still being alive, which then peaked the Eastern Kings interest.

"We are going to get her to come here, and that's finale." The King said, loosing his patience.

"I have known this person way longer than you have been alive, there is no benefit for us to bring her, what is your point in bringing her here anyway?" A white haired female said back.

"Miss ChavalierNoir, you aren't the Queen anymore, it's not your decision to make. Stand down." The Queen responded, picking up her tea and taking a sip.

"I was supposed to be the Queen five hundred years ago, that was, until your ancestors decided to go and burn down the whole Western Kingdom!" The woman, 'Miss ChevalierNoir', yelled.

The Queens face shifted, making her once regal expression, change to a more vial one. "Get out. Who gives you the right to even be here in the first place?!"

"I do! I have more knowledge about war and politics than anyone in this castle! In this town maybe! Don't forget, I've been here since this palace was built, don't forget who you're speaking to, Queen of Darkness." The female says, smirking at the last part.

She leans forward to pick up her tea, and her hair shifts, exposing her pointed ears, decorated in the most expensive jewels and earrings.

"That's right, you're one of those freaks, aren't you?" The Queen says, shuttering away from the woman.

"No, I'm a neráida, not a freak. And if you didn't know, human, we are ten times stronger than you, I would advise
not to push my buttons." The female responds, leaning back in her chair.

"Oh? Ten times stronger, huh? Is that why humans killed almost every last one of you?" The Queen spits, grinning like a fox.

The neráidas brows furrow, and she looks at the Queen under them, "Well, it seems you missed one." And with that, she stands up and walks out of the conference room, giving the Queen a vulgar gesture before she leaves.

• • •

What is her problem? It's not like it's my fault if the Western Queen declines, or if she just doesn't respond. I just don't want to see her, want to remember those memories that I've been so good at keeping hidden. If she comes, as soon as I see her face, I'll remember, remember the flames, the heat, the screams... and I don't think I'm ready to relive that...

• • •

The grass is a beautiful shade of dark green, clashing with the light blue of the sky. The clouds are in small clumps, casting shadows here and there when they pass in front of the sun.

The palace courtyards were nothing to scoff at, being one of the only gardens in the Eastern Kingdom of Royaume Des Rêves. The palace itself seemed to be shining, the moss growing up the side, seemingly wanting to get closer to the sunlight.

The garden consisted of a ton of red roses, growing along almost every wall in the courtyard. There was a gazebo in the middle, benches inside. Small, white fences surrounded the garden, created in the shape of an Aengus, the bird of dreams. The fences were mostly for decoration, dug deep into the hard dirt that was the floor for the courtyard.

All was quiet and peaceful, easy to hear the crickets chirping, the brides singing, that was, until a blonde girl comes running through the front gates, waving her arms in the air like crazy, yelling, "Emilia!"

What in the world is she doing? And what the hell is she wearing? A maid uniform, people only wear those in moving pictures!

"Emilia! What's up, long time no see?" Said a blonde girl with an extravagant, dated, maid uniform, the same one that was running and waving her arms in the air like a crazy woman.

Miss ChevalierNoir looks up, and waves to the blonde maid running over.

"Hey, what's up? It's been a while." The white haired female says, shifting to stand in a more relaxed pose.

"It sure has! How have you been? Still wishing you were Queen?" The blonde asks, smiling at the last part.

"You know me too well." ChevalierNoir says with a sigh, putting her hand against the bridge of her nose, giving it a slight pinch.

The blonde cocks her head to the right a little in confusion, and then her eyes widen as she begins to realize, as there was papers posted all around town about the upcoming news.

"So, she accepted, did she?" The maid asks, changing her tone from a jovial one, to a more monotonous one.

"Yes, and she'll be here within this week. I don't even know what to say to her? Do I ask how's she's been all these years? Maybe she even found herself a mate?" The female questions, bringing her hands to her side, and her muscles tense in the feeling of seeing her again.

"Pft, don't worry about her, you've known each other for years, I'm sure it will be awkward at first, but you'll get used to it. Don't worry, it's not like you can do anything about it anyways." The blonde says with a small shrug of her shoulders, trying to get her upset friend to loosen up.

"Yeah, I guess you're right, Luna, there is nothing I can do."

"Yep! Well, I'll see you later, okay? And don't go do anything crazy, you know you're the only reason this palace hasn't fallen to pieces these centuries," Luna says with a smirk, "See ya, Emilia ChevalierNoir."

"Ugh, what have I told you about using my full name? It's so time consuming." Emilia says with yet, another sigh.

"Why else do you think I do it?" And with that, Luna was gone, probably off to clean some room in the luxurious castle.

So, she's finally coming...

Allora Adarlon.