Tenshi no Guntai

A Future Full of Beautiful Malice

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters associated. This is for pure enjoyment and entertainment

~Chapter 4: Tenshi no Guntai~

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

It was beginning to turn into the late afternoon, the sun still high in the sky showing off the lands sun kissed landscapes. The clouds were slowly making their way across the sky to the other side of the world. But soon the sun would plummet behind the earth and gift us with the moons presence. On a long dusty trail west of the village, all that was heard was the soft hum of the wind and the locust's ongoing conversations.

The beautiful scene was interrupted by large footsteps marching in tune. The metal of their weapons collided with the metal on their uniforms, creating a clinking sound. It was like the sound of wind chimes except exceedingly louder and anything but peaceful. They marched on, in vast numbers. Never looking anywhere but forward. Two figures on horses trotted before them, easily riding to their destination.

"So," the female figure asked, "why do you think our lord wanted us to turn all the way around just to go to this village?"

"I don't know Ankan," the male general said with a hint of annoyance, "If I knew, I would tell you."

"I know. I just find it strange that we have to travel even further in the opposite direction of where we were supposed to be going, only to inspect another useless village. They probably have no one of any value, no one we can use for…"

"Shhh!" Ragaku immediately cut her off. "Shut your damn mouth and keep your voice down, do you want the troops to hear you?" He stated even more annoyed than before.

"Why is it a problem if the troops hear? They already know. We control them Ragaku, I don't understand…"

"You think that of all the troops we have that not one of them is a spy for the Western lands? Wake up Ankan, no one can be trusted. If a spy figured out what is to come the entire plan would go up in flames, and it would be both of our heads if it did." He spat back in a hushed tone.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I understand now." She said looking down at the back of her horse's mane.

"Get your head back in the game and stay focused. We will be arriving at the village shortly and I don't want to hear another useless question from you."

She nodded and slowly looked up. From the fading outlines of the troops and their two leaders, Ankan's voice was heard between the marching; "Well what if we just told half of the troops? You know, the cuter men, that would be fine right?"

A large smack rattled the land, scaring the birds from their trees.

Only a single voice belted far from view, "I said shut your filthy damn mouth!" All that was heard beyond that point were the faint marching of the troops as they disappeared into the distance.

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

Miroku's hut

"Ow Miroku! Be more gentle please." Kagome shifted uncomfortably in her chair and resumed her attention to the monk's story.

"I'm sorry Kagome, I haven't bandaged a woman up since, well, since Sango I think. I'm a little rusty." He admitted.

"Okay, so you have told me about your past times with women after I disappeared. Can you please start from the very beginning now and skip the drunken nights and sexual fantasies?" She was starting to lose her patience with the monk.

"Ahh, yes, okay fine." He cleared his throat, finished bandaging Kagome's last cut, and started from the very beginning like she asked.

"Well, you see Kagome after you disappeared we tried for many days to see what we could do to have Inuyasha pass through the well again, but it never seemed to work. We had Kaede try and work her energy into the well to bring it back to life, but that didn't work either. Months had passed of trying, and I'm sorry, but it just seemed like there was no hope of ever reaching you again. So we gave up." He admitted ashamed. Kagome's bottom lip began to twitch. Before she could say anything he quickly continued.