Dinner and life decisions

A Future Full of Beautiful Malice

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or the characters associated. This is for pure enjoyment and entertainment.

~Chapter 2: Dinner and Life decisions~

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

"Mmmm, something smells good in here, what's on the menu for tonight?" The Miko inquired as she closed the door behind her.

Before anyone could answer her she was bombarded by two figures squeezing her delicate frame.

"Kagome!" One of the figures stated.

"I missed you so much." The other said after.

"Yeah…I…Uh, miss you too...But I…uhh" she tried to talk but her windpipe was being crushed.

"We have so much to tell you, isn't that right sweetie?" the female voice asked.

"Yes, we have to tell you that…" but was cut off by his mother.

"Now now you two, you can tell her the news while we are eating dinner. Please let her breathe so you can tell her while she is still alive and able."

"Sorry sis," Sota expressed releasing his grip on her ribcage.

"Oops! Sorry Kagome!" Kerena said while releasing her own grip on Kagome's windpipe.

"Haha shit, missed you guys too" Kagome said exhaling the last of her breath.

The two gave her wide grins and rushed to sit down at the table. Kagome walked over to her mother to ask her if she needed any help. When the answer was no, she sat down across from Sota and his lover. Her mother followed suit placing plates, chopsticks, and napkins on the table, then joined the family sitting next to Kagome.

"Wow mom, this looks great…" Kagome said as she was about to shove a huge egg roll in her mouth.

Before the crispy delicious delicacy touched her lips her mother slapped her wrist.

"No Kagome," she said waving a tiny little finger in disagreement. "We must say grace first," her mother informed. She rolled her eyes and placed her egg roll back on the table.

"Kagome dear, would you do the honors of saying it?" She nodded and all of them set their hands in their laps and bowed their heads.

"I would like to thank Kami for having us all together tonight. I am thankful for the wonderful dinner mom prepared for us. I am thankful for dad, my grandmother, and my grandpa for finally being reunited with one another. And I am thankful for being given the chance to move on from the past and start my own path." And with that they all said their own little version of amen and looked up, then quickly looked down at the feast they were given, and dove in.

Kagome rushed to grab her plate and started to fill it up with rice's and meats, followed along by steamed vegetables and the egg roll she left on the table. She drenched the entire meal in her favorite soy sauce, picked up her chopsticks, and began to shovel the food inside her mouth. Sota's plate and table manners were quickly matched with Kagome's. The only ones seeming to have remembered their manners were Kerena and the artist of the delicious meal. They looked at one another and shook their heads, then began to slowly fill their own plates. After ten minutes of silence and food beginning to disappear, their mother finally spoke up.

"Ahem. Sota, Kerena, isn't their something you wish to tell Kagome?" She said eyeing the two with optimism and approval.

"Oh yeah. Kagome…" Sota began to say when he realized his sister was still shoveling soy-covered food in her mouth. "Kagome…" he stated again. Obviously in her own world he spoke louder, "Kagome…" Still nothing. So instead of words he thought the butt of his egg roll would do the talking and chucked it at her head. That got her attention.