Sakura Blossom memories

A Future Full of Beautiful Malice

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters associated. This is for pure enjoyment and entertainment.

~Chapter 1: Sakura Blossom Memories~

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

She watched the sakura blossoms slowly fall from their branch. Like the everlasting summer, it slowly begins to fade. The changing of the winds and the pedals floating towards their demise told her that the joyful season would soon be ending. One little blossom was more adventurous than his other siblings, cascading towards her direction. She watched him take his final breath into her lap. She picked up the flower delicately in her hand, making sure no damage was done to the beautiful little adventurer. Examining it, it reminded her of the flowers that fell in another time.

But no matter the difference of time, the same flowers fell. The same seasons changed. And the same thoughts she had about that particular time never seemed to die. She thought about that era more than she thought about her present one. She had so many more fond memories in that past. But with it came unimaginable horror and heartache.

She recalled the countless fights between those she called her enemies and those she called her friends. There were countless times of laughter and sadness. But the more she remembered, the more she realized she wouldn't change any of it if she were given the chance to.

Ten years. It had been ten years since the defeat of her worst enemy. Ten years since she had landed back in her own time. Ten years since she had seen her beautiful friends faces. One decade since she had seen his face…

She had tried everyday since then to jump through the well and rejoin them in a reunion filled with open arms and pleasant tears…but the fates obviously had other plans for her; and in that she never knew what. Till this day she still tries. She would say a few prayers, walk up to the edge of the bone-eaters well, open her heart, and take a leap of faith, only to be reunited instead with the cold hard ground.

So here she sits, under her sacred Goshinboku tree, watching the leaves and the blossoms fall, only ever to remind her that time will keep passing.

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

'I wonder what they look like', she thought to herself. One decade can either be a blessing or a curse. Although for Kagome, time and aging was a good friend to her.

She stood up from the tree, placing the little blossom safely in her pocket. She walked around to the other side of the house and stared. Her gaze was directed towards a small red circle surrounded by larger white and red ones. She picked up her quiver and arrows; tossing them over her shoulder, then bent down and picked up her bow. She exhaled a deep breath, took an arrow out of its case and set it horizontally next to the bow. She wound her arm back with her finger pointing straight, guiding her path. She took a deep breath, steadied her eyes, and released. Within the next five seconds, five more arrows followed the path of the first. She exhaled another deep breath, set her bow and empty quiver down, and walked back to the tree.

She didn't need to look at the target to see where her arrows went. She knew all six arrows were closely huddled in the middle of the smallest red dot.

~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~

Her time away from the feudal era didn't stop her from practicing. She didn't focus on hand-to-hand combat because she was never very good at it to begin with. She figured that her deadly aim combined with her Miko energy was all that was needed to take down an opponent. She could use her energy at will, allowing her to heal the injured and damage whomever she pleased. She felt that if she stopped her training, she would lose the only part of the past she had left. And she never, ever, wanted to forget the past. Even if she never saw them again, she would at least remember who they were and what they accomplished together.