VI. The Aftermath

The next morning, I ate butter pancakes with Peaches and Beanie for breakfast. I promised Beanie that I would be at her soccer game later that afternoon. Then, I headed over to Danny's house to go to the boxing place. Danny was so excited, and secretly, I was also. Me and Danny used to spend our spare time boxing because of how exciting it is. There was something about beating oranges to a pulp that seemed so satisfying. Danny went first, and he was up against a grapefruit. Danny was a small guy, so I wasn't sure if he would be able to take this guy down. But to my surprise, Danny easily pinned down the macho grapefruit in the matter of seconds. I congratulated him. Now, it was my turn. A pomegranate. This will be easy. However, while I was in my thoughts, the pomegranate threw me to the ground, bruising my back. He body slammed on my leg, and I'm quite sure it was fractured. This was a time that I wish I had superpowers, but this is reality. He punched me so many times, and I had enough. In a miracle, I turned over and pinned the guy to the ground. I beat him to the biggest pulp. He got knocked out and I won the match. To celebrate our winnings, Danny and I ordered barbecue ribs. Then we made our way to Tomata's soccer game. Peaches, Danny, and I cheered when she made the goal, and we were proud of her when her team won. I guess you could say we had a fruitful couple of days.