7. Devil's Plea

'This can't be right, I must be dreaming'

He closed his eyes and heard no noise and alas, felt relived when he could doze off again until he heard the faint jingles from Ronald's bell.

He squeezed his eyes in hope that he didn't see her yet when he raised his eyes open, she was still there, looking at him.

Ignoring the fact that her eyes were watching him making him slightly uncomfortable, he then chose to rake his eyes over her. It was only fair, was what he thought.

She was wearing a suit; a sleek grey blazer along with black trousers. Soft strands of her wavy brown hair cascading down her shoulders as well as part of her eyes as her light glow from her fair skin made her look almost angel-like yet he could see the fierce flickers of gold in those wild eyes.

She wasn't a women to be taken lightly, he thought. Yet she has a strong passionate side of her. She seems to be one who works hard, a bit too hard yet the messily applied concealer wasn't enough to cover the fatigued eyes of hers.

But before he could begin to utter a word to break the silence as well as the annoying stares, he gained the advantage of hearing her voice first.

"Took you long enough."

"Eh?"

"Poor cat had been wandering around the streets whilst you were laying asleep, I had to go feed it."

Then he looked at Ronald who suddenly looked back at him, almost feeling his master's annoyed glares, he quickly went back to lick his paws and was glad he couldn't talk at that moment.

"Well...is that all?" The Devil wasn't in the mood to converse yet he realised he heard no police signal.

He could finally run no more.

Then he realised something else.

He was homeless.

He looked back at the woman's eyes and concocted a plan to fix that problem which made him curve his lips upwards into a sly smirk.

~ Fast forward to 24 and a half minutes which involved a groin punch and cringe talk ~

"Hey let go of me dude! Get your filthy hands of my new clothes you vagrant!"

"PLEASE, HELP A POOR DEVI- I MEAN SOUL OUT HERE!"

Currently the Devil's so called plan had resorted to begging which he utterly felt humiliated for and will be probably be for the rest of his life.

But he had to do it, this woman whose leg he was desperately holding on to in the middle of the crowded streets was his only option.

And he was to make sure he'd succeed.

"UGH THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR HELPING AN IDIOT'S CAT!"

"Have mercy lady! Just let me stay for a little while, I swear I'm not a criminal or anything!"

Forgetting the fact that they were still arguing in the middle of the crowded street, many anonymous people were glaring, friends gasping in shock to see a man begging, and children giggling at the scene.

This caused the women's cheek to flush in embarrassment and looked directly at the Devil's eager eyes.

With one painfully deep breath she spoke words that she'd never speak.

"Fine!"

The Devil's eyes lit up when he heard her.

"You can stay you, you yo-"

"Handsome young man?" The Devil fluttered his eyelashes and smiled like a child whilst still holding onto her leg.

"You rotten bastard!"

And whilst they were arguing, once again, Ronald was amusingly watching the scene take place yet felt relived that his master was slowly yet surely trying to make his stay worthwhile on Earth.

And back in the underworld, a certain amused father was watching the scene whilst smiling at how foolish his son was being. But something told him that his son was starting to adjust to this new life of his.