9. Devil's new home

"Here we are."

After hearing the words he finally wanted to hear from Yuna, he looked up in anticipation to see what kind of home he'd be staying in.

He held an expression which she couldn't decipher, it almost looked like a forced smile.

She rolled her eyes and huffed whilst she fumbled with her keys and opened the door revealing her apartment.

"Well?"

"I-it's really something. I mean there's no sauna, no luxury bathroom suite, no l-"

He paused and looked at Yuna's unamused expression and gulped.

"It's lovely."

"That's more like it, well then be grateful because this won't be for free mister."

She walked in along with calling Ronald into her apartment as she stretched her limbs and walked off somewhere leaving the Devil to stand there awkwardly.

'If she only knew who I was, she wouldn't be saying that.' He thought.

Then he saw Ronald walking to him as he saw another golden note attached to his collar, after seeing the coast was clear so Yuna wouldn't see, he opened the note.

'You better not assault her ;) so play nice'

"Why that old man, I should ki-"

"Is something wrong?"

Yuna looked back at him and he quickly shook his head after smiling trying to show he wasn't bothered by anything.

Yet in his mind, he was wildly cursing his father as usual.

Trying to stop being selfish for once, he wholeheartedly smiled and walked in, feeling the earthly warmth and the faint scent of lavender in the atmosphere.

As the door shut behind him, he looked around and saw that her apartment wasn't all that bad, in fact it looked better.

But there was one problem- there was only one bedroom.

And to the Devil, sleep was more important than his devilish duties back at Hell.

Yuna walked into her bedroom, feeling the same exhaustion as the Devil did and then noticed him in her bedroom, looking at the neatly tidied bed.

She squinted her eyebrows in confusion at what he was doing then noticed him about to walk towards her bed.

Having a man stay in her home was one thing, but having him sleep in her bed was another.

"Oh no, don't even think about it! You're not sleeping in my bed, nope, no, nada."

"What a cow." He mumbled.

"What did you just call me?"

"Nothing really."

"Say it!"

"Do I have to sleep on the sofa?"

"Do you want to stay homeless again?"

"Ugh so cruel."

"Are you asking for a fight?"

And so the Devil spent his first day with Yuna bickering again. It was the beginning, of something new.

And that night, after trying to sneak into her bedroom, he received the first smack in his life and ended up sleeping on the sofa.

The Devil had a long way to go...

A/n: BTS's 'Dna' trailers killed me 💔 I can't wait for the mv!