14

third person pov

FOURTEEN 열넷 : OPEN THE DOORㅤ

It was the day of SUNDEOK HIGH's most extravagant and yet memorable school dance. Classes had ended late, and everyone was rushing their way home to get ready. Usually friends would come over and pamper each other but in Yeji's case, she had no other friends that could help her with those things.

Daehwi and Donghyun were each other's dates while Youngmin surprisingly had his own individual date. No one knew who they were, as he said that it would be a surprise to be revealed later on.

Yeji entered through her house, peaking inside the kitchen to see if her father was home. He in fact was. "Hey sweetie, today's the dance, right?" He was reading a random teenage parenting book as he sipped on some coffee.

"Yeah. Did you visit mom today?"

He nodded. "Her condition's gotten better.. She still has nightmares of what went on, though."

"Ah." Yeji replied monotonously. "Well.. I'm gonna go get ready now."

"You do you, tell me if you need any help!"

"Pft, you could barely tie my hair up as a kid. How could you help me now with this look I'm about to pull?" She laughed and went on upstairs.

He must be lonely, Yeji thought.

It must be hard without mom next to him.

It must be hard seeing her face, knowing the actions she's done. Yet still loving her.

Yeji took a quick shower and did her skin care routine. With a face mask on for fifteen minutes, she decided to multi-task and do her hair to save time. Nothing too crazy, just her hair straight and sleek, matching with her dress' vibe. Her hair's regular texture was really bouncy while being semi-curly on the ends.

Finishing up, she applied a light amount of makeup. Yeji didn't regularly wear makeup anyways so putting it on felt unusual to her, feeling as if the whole world would notice the mere and slight change. She didn't hate on makeup though, she instead wished she was talented at doing more than just eyeliner and lip tint.

The only thing left to do was to put on her dress and heels. Checking the time, Woojin would arrive in a couple of minutes. She wore her dress and zipped everything up carefully. Heading back downstairs with her shoes in hand and an additional clutch to keep her phone and extra money inside, the doorbell rang.

Woojin seemed to be early. Yeji smiled in relief, glad that she got ready in time.

"Dad, Woojin's here." She stated before opening the door. He hustled over to the front of the house, Yeji finally letting Woojin in.