I. Dusk

It's morning and I know. The tiny rays of sunlight passed through my room's windows.
Perhaps I left them open last night.

Oh, last night.

The stars were incredible. I can't remember the first time I saw them, but they were as beautiful as before.

Well, stars are legends. They leave beauty even after death.

I started to feel warm but I chose to pull up my comforter and cover myself.

Hmmmm...

It's not called by its name for nothing. It's relaxing.

Well for a person who immediately became a man, skipping the joyful days of childhood, this feeling is really... alien but settling.

A ring coming from my left made me leave the cloud nine I was enjoying. Immediately, I pressed my alarm clock.

"Sometimes I wish you were never a necessity."  I remarked.

I got up the bed and rushed down the stairs.

"Mom! Da..."

Oh...

I bit my lip.

I forgot, they just died a week ago and it's obvious that I'm still not used to their absence.

The sound of each step I took as I make my way down to our living room says it all. Depression, sadness, anger, name it. Until now, I still don't know what the hell caused them to leave me this early. 

I rubbed my eyes to get a clearer picture of our living room.

Is this really my house?

I felt foreign. The house was refurnished. The monochromatic dark colors of our wallpaper turned to annoying, colorful papers. The paintings my parents bought for me when I was in kinder disappeared. Even the vase mom loved was gone.

They're dead. I'm alone. These were the only thoughts I had at the very moment.

I can remember dad calling out my name in the morning.

Mom nagging whenever I forget to kiss her cheeks.

I stared once more at the living room.

This is so different. This is not my place. This is not where I live. I was never alone.

I fished for my phone from my jams pocket and dialed a number.

"Hello? Jimin?"

"Yes, it's me uncle." I answered.

It's Sungmin, dad's elder brother. Though dad was really close to me, uncle was more like a father. He was the one who almost did all of what dad could have done. And he's taking the full responsibility of raising me right now.

"Guess you've seen the changes? Liked it?" His voice was expectant. 

What are you expecting?

"Were I you, maybe I would."  I said coolly.

"That's not quiet a compliment... but I'm taking that as one." He chuckled softly.

I'm sorry... I just can't make you fine. I'm neither fine.

"Got some details?" I changed the subject immediately.

"Very little." His voice was soft with disappointment in it. 

I clenched my fist and gripped hardly on my phone.