twelve // liquify

t h r e e  m o n t h s  l a t e r ;

"where is he?" youngjae knocked impatiently on the door, knuckles turning an angry shade of red.

the wind nipped at his skin and ruffled his hair, but he had to persevere.

"jaebum! open the door, please."

the door suddenly opened, and youngjae almost fell into jaebum's apartment.

"jinyoung isn't here," jaebum's voice was low and raspy. youngjae assumed that it was the fault of the cigarette hanging from jaebum's lips.

they hadn't seen each other in months.

jaebum was still in his pyjamas, and the scruff on his face notified youngjae that he probably hadn't been taking care of himself as well as he should've. His pyjama bottoms hung loosely at his hips showing that he'd lost a lot of weight.

"I don't know where else he could be," youngjae muttered miserably, running a hand through his already mussed hair.

"why the fück would be come to my place when we literally have not spoken in months?" jaebum hadn't intended for his voice to come out so harsh and youngjae visibly flinched.

"I checked everywhere--"

"I really don't give a shīt about junior, or whatever fücking name he goes by now."

jaebum turned to slam the door shut, but youngjae stuck his foot out and prevented it from closing completely.

"please, jaebum... he only disappeared after she came to visit."

maybe it was the desperation in youngjae's voice that made jaebum invite him in, or maybe it was the fact that jaebum had come to the realisation that he still really, really liked choi youngjae. either way, their conversation was way overdue.

"she's back?" jaebum spoke over his cup of coffee, his voice soft.

"shit, jaebum, I don't know what to do--"

"Jesus Christ, he's your boyfriend, not mine," jaebum clenched his fist.

"actually," youngjae began, setting aside his mug of hot chocolate and pulling his phone out of his jean pocket, "he broke up with me."

jaebum frowned as youngjae tilted the phone screen towards him to show his messages.

"jinyoung would never break up with you over text, though," jaebum took a sip from his cup.

"exactly," youngjae leaned back into the couch, "I'm so scared, jaebum."

"I'm so scared something bad happened to him."

* * *

looool haven't updated
in ages but we just hit 6k and !!!!
that's HUGE I'm crying rip
you are slayed me and I cry whilst
watching the choreography for teenager.
ilyasm ❤❤❤
x