O N E

"You can't do this, Bell

"You can't do this, Bell." Venus retorted, her voice full of concern. "They'll float you."

"Not if I float myself first," Bellamy told Venus in a serious tone.

The seriousness of Bellamy's tone and semblance scared Venus. She hopelessly waited for the thin line his lips formed to turn into a curve. She hoped to see a smirk on his lips, hoping for the smallest feature of humor, but it didn't appear and it terrified her even more.

"Bell-,"

Bellamy cut her words with one of the strongest hugs he's even given her. Deep down, Venus knew this would be their last hug, and she didn't want to let go. Bellamy cut the hug slowly, looking deeply into her eyes, taking a deep breath in and slowly letting it out.

"Why are you doing this?" Venus spoke, her voice shaky and scared for Bellamy's fate.

"You can't tell anyone, but... they are sending a hundred from the skybox to Earth. My sister is in that list... I have to do this, V. I can't let her go alone to Earth." Bellamy said, holding her hand.

The time was too short for Venus to process all the information that was being given. Bellamy was about to kill the Chancellor, aboard a ship to Earth and leave her.

"I'm going with you." Venus stated.

Venus words didn't take Bellamy by surprise. He'd knew her since they were kids, she's always been brave. Bellamy wanted to take her with him but he couldn't, there wasn't enough space.

"I can't... There's only space for one more," Bellamy said.

Venus shook her head, "I'm not letting you go alone to Earth with a ship full of kids."

Bellamy clenched his jaw, tempted by the thought of taking Venus with him. But he couldn't do it, the deal was for him... He couldn't put a target on her back as well. In that moment, the watch on his wrist began to ring. It was time.

He shot his eyes close for a brief second. Bellamy kissed Venus, deeply and with passion. He wanted to remember how her lips tasted. Venus lips weren't foreign to his; she kissed him back with the same passion. Even if she didn't want to accept it in that moment, deep down Venus knew this was the last time she'd taste him. It was goodbye.

"I'm sorry but I can't take you with me, V."

The click around her wrist startled her. She looked down to see the handcuff around her wrist, the other side connecting with a pipe of their flat. Venus shot a glare to Bellamy.

"Bellamy!" Venus yelled, hopeless and in shock. "Don't!"

Tears were on his eyes, he couldn't let his sister go alone into that dropship yet go to Earth by herself. Octavia was his sister and his responsibility. Bellamy knew Venus too well, she would do anything to follow his steps, even if it meant killing the Chancellor herself.

"I love you," Bellamy's voice broke. "May we meet again."

"Don't!" Venus yelled again, trying to force her way out of the handcuffs. "Don't you dare to leave me! Bellamy! If you walk through that door, you'll lose me."

Bellamy looked at her a minute, taking in her beauty, even when she was pissed, she still looked beautiful. "If I don't walk through this door, I'll lose my sister." He glanced to his right, on top of her passed down desk, there was a picture of him and Venus, it was taken on Unity Day.

"Please don't," Venus cried, "let me go with you."

He gazed at her one last time before leaving her.

It took Venus fifty minutes to get out of those handcuffs. When she finally did a loud sound trembled through the walls; it was the dropship being launched. Venus ran out of her chamber and towards the nearest window. She stared at the ship going down and entering earth. Her heart beat too fast for it to be healthy.

Suddenly people began to surround her, they stared confused at the dropship.

"Doctor Venus Gray. You're solicited in Medical."

She heard the words from the speakers but she wasn't processing them. Until a woman shook lightly her arm, bringing her back to reality.

"Ms. Gray? They need you in Medical." She said, concern in her eyes.

Venus looked down and nodded, "Yeah."

She turned and made her way into Medical. Chaos met her as soon as she strolled in. Chancellor Jaha laid in the bed as doctor Abby Griffin worked to save his life. When Venus mother died, Abby became her mentor, she taught Venus everything she knew about medicine.

"Did they ID the person who shot him?" Venus asked knowing who had done it.

Abby looked up, "It doesn't matter right now. What matters is to save his life. Help me."

Venus nodded and got prepared to help Abby. It took more medical rations than lawfully accepted to save Jaha but they did it. Abby and Venus saved him but at the cost of being accused of wasting blood and medical materials. Abby's motherly instincts didn't let Venus get blamed for it. Abby blamed herself of using the extra rations and forcing Venus to back her up.

"This is ridiculous, Kane." Venus glared at the chief of the guard. "Abby saved Jaha, our chancellor, you can't float her for that."

Kane looked at Venus in the eye, there wasn't an ounce of sorry in his look. He wanted to be chancellor, he wanted to be in charge, and that devotion made Venus think in the worst.

Did Kane give the order to kill Jaha? Would he can do that just for the power?

"She's a doctor, now The Ark only has two of them..." Venus voice softened, "You can't float her."

"You can take her place," Kane said and turned.

Venus looked at Abby standing alone in the capsule. She couldn't see this, she couldn't be a witness of this injustice. Just when Venus turned Jaha appeared, he was clearly out of breath from walking all the way there.

"Abby is pardoned. " Jaha glared at Kane. "Get her out of there, now."