T W O

Venus walked towards her flat, the same one she used to share with Bellamy. Lonesome and emptiness feeling the space. In a regular basis Bellamy would be home by this hour, back from his job as a janitor. A job he hated with all his guts but was the only thing left for him.

She stared at the bed they used to share... This room was the home of many memories, it was everything Venus knew as a home. Bellamy was never the same after his mother got floated and his sister locked up. A part of Bellamy got floated with his mother and locked up with his sister, Octavia. Venus knew of her existence for nine years, she was the only friend Octavia knew and when she got locked up, Venus felt as bad as him.

The knock in Venus door made her disconnect from her thoughts and come back to reality. She turned, glancing to her left, she notices the empty space where the picture of her and Bellamy. Venus shook her head, trying to dissolve the thought of him away.

"Dr. Venus Gray?" A man spokes behind her wall.

Venus takes in a deep breath before opening the door. She swallows hard when her eyes meet with Kane. Deep down she knew why he was there, he was there for Bellamy.

"What do you want, Kane?" She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"I'm looking for your boyfriend, Venus," Kane said.

Venus raised her chin, almost everyone in The Ark feared him but not her.

"I don't know who you're talking about," Venus replied without emotion.

Kane chuckled humorless, taking out his tablet and typing on it briefly.

"Do you know The Ark has video cameras, right?" He said.

Venus glared at the camera down the hall, they put one in the hall after Octavia was found.

"No, I'm totally oblivious of the thousands of cameras we have around here." Venus sassed him.

Once again Kane chuckled without humor. He only knew one surely thing about Venus; she had guts. He turned his tablet, showing a freeze video frame of Venus and Bellamy kissing outside their chamber. Venus breathed out deeply, glaring into the man's eyes.

"I have to be back in medical for a night shift... I'm going to ask you one more time; What the hell do you want, Kane?" Venus tone was deeper and less pleasant.

"Your boyfriend shot the Chancellor and smuggled himself into the dropship with the hundred."

Venus faked being surprised and in total shock, "I thought he was doing a double shift tonight."

Kane shook his head, "Don't play dumb, Venus. His last appearance before the dropship was here. He said goodbye." She was about to speak up but Kane spoke over her voice. "I'm not here to judge you for his crimes, your mother was... a great friend of mine." His glare was judgmental, "If she was alive, she'd still ashamed for your decisions."

"Even if she was alive, I'd still choose Bellamy." Venus told him.

"Maybe that's what got her killed after all," Kane replied.

Venus shot a glare at him before walking away. Her mother died of a cancer when Venus was eighteen. She never approved of her relationship with Bellamy, and it wasn't like Venus cared. Venus always went with her gut, with her heart.

- - - -

"Venus?" Abby called.

She turned to look her colleague in the eye. "Yes?"

"We need to talk," Abby tone was full of concern.

"Seems like everyone needs to talk with me when I don't want to talk with anyone." Venus growled between her teeth as she followed the head chief of medical and council member.