Chapter One: Super Layni

I sat at my brown wooden desk as I finished writing my English essay. "Done!" I said pushing my dirty blonde (with crimson tips) hair out of my face. "Layni! Dinner is ready! Wash your hands!" My mom called from downstairs. I got up and pushed my blue duct tape covered swivel chair in. I went to my bathroom and washed my hands with the cupcake scented soap Grandma gave me for my birthday. I walked downstairs, sliding my hand down the rail. "Okay Lanyi you sit next to Maverick. I'll sit next to you." My mom said. "Mom can I got out for a second, with some scraps in a bowl?" I asked. "Yes dear." Mom said as she handed me a bowl with scraps in it. I slid the porch door open and slipped outside. I went down the wooden stairs, and into the back yard. I went under a old oak tree and sat beside my cat, Tuna. He hasn't left this spot ever since my dog, Buttons died and we buried him here. Tuna and Buttons did everything together. Tuna has gone through deep depression. I pulled him on my lap and fed him scraps. "Aye it's okay Tuna." I told him. He mewed in response. I smiled. I was so grateful to have him in my life. I felt I would have no one other than Maverick to talk to. Maverick can be annoying at times, but since we lost dad he's been quiet. It was a horrible accident. But I shouldn't think about it too much. I wiped a tear from my cheek. "Okay Layni! Come back inside!" I got up. "I'll be back out later Tuna." I say and I bend down and pet his head. He purrs. "Good boy." I walk inside. "Layni..... Can I talk to you in private?" My brother asked. "Sure." I said. He dragged me into his room. "Layni, I know were related but please forgive me for this...." I looked at him in confusion. "What do you me-" I was cut off by him kissing me. "MAVERICK! WHAT THE HECK?!" I screamed tears running down my face. My twin brother Maverick had just kissed me. "Chill out is was a dare from one of my friends." That only made me cry harder. "I'm sorry Layni..." He reached out for me but I climbed out his window and jumped out. His window was like 2ft. From the ground so I was ok. I ran into the yard, and up the ladder to our old treehouse. Mine and his. I slid into the sleeping bag. Hot wet tears streamed out of my eyes. "Oh dad.... I'm lost..." I said quietly. Tuna poked his head out of the entrance. "Mew?" He said. "Yeah you can come in." I said while sitting up. He came over to me and licked my face. I rubbed his ears. "Love you too Tuna." I said as I leaned down and kissed his head. "Hey Lanyi." I turned my head to see my best guy friend, Lewis. "Hi.." I said wiping my tears. "What happened? It was Maverick wasn't it?!" I could hear the anger in his voice. "Y-yeah... he k-k-kissed me.." I said. My eyes starting to water. "I'll take care of him." Lewis said. I started bawling. "L-Lewis?" I stuttered. "Yea?" He said. "I-I love y-you m-more than a f-friend." I said. He blushed. "Well I have a girl already. I'm sorry.." I sat and stared at him. "W-who?" "You silly! Will you be my girlfriend DeLayni Ross?" He asked. I gripped his hand. "Of course." He smiled.