Prologue

I had been waiting for this for what felt like forever. My ticket was ridiculously expensive for the seat I would have, but it was all going to be worth it. I was supposed to meet a friend I had met on the internet today, and I was so excited. 

I was less excited about all the traffic that was keeping me from arriving at the time planned. I had missed many exit which made me even more late. I was about to lose my damn mind. I just wanted to arrive at the mall and meet Ellie. 

I finally got there an hour late, but Ellie was also running late because of the traffic. I texted her saying I was waiting by the fountain and few minutes later we were in each others arms. Ellie and I had started talking on Tumblr. As we were living quite close, we bonded over a lot of things including some old tv shows, musicals, old bands we used to stan, all these kind of things. 

We went to eat together and talked about how excited we were for the concert. 

"I can't wait to hear Never Be Alone and Life Of The Party, it's going to be so beautiful when everyone sings together, I said as I take a bite of my poutine. 

"That's true. I'm excited to see Charlie open too," Ellie said. 

"Oh my God! I completely forgot Charlie was Shawn's opening act! I literally know one song of his haha," I admitted finishing eating my meal. 

"That's not true! You know One Call Away, See You Again, Marvin Gaye, We Don't Talk Anymore and probably Attention too," 

"Oh you're right, though, I don't know Attention, maybe I've heard it, but I don't know it by name," I stated. She's right, I do know a lot of songs from him. Now I'm even more excited for the concert. 

...

"So let's just text after the concert to meet up somewhere so we can go take the subway together," Ellie tells me before we both part ways and head to our different sections for the concert. I'm in the 200's and she's in the 100's. 

When I get to my seat, the girls next to my seat all smile at me which I do back. They seem quite nice. I'm glad I'm not next to some people who don't actually appreciate the artist and are only there to get drunk. Those people annoy the crap out of me. 

The lights go out not long after I've sat down, I normally would stand up, but no one is doing it in my section, I don't want to look like a weirdo. Charlie opens up with We don't talk anymore and everyone sings along. To be honest, I only know the chorus, it isn't my favorite song from his. 

He sings a few of his singles then he introduces a song called Suffer and, holy shit! He's incredible. I feel like when an artist sings a single, you don't realize how talented they are, but this song is not only beautiful, but he sings it beautifully. 

I'm extremely impressed by how talented Charlie is! I can't wait to go home and listen to all of his songs and interviews and hopefully become a good fan of his.