Chapter One

*about a year later* 

Mary : I still can't believe we see each other again today!

Me : I know! I'm so excited! I need to leave soon. I'll try to text you when I get to the border to tell you the time my GPS thinks I'll arrive. 

Mary : Perfect! Be safe darling, I love you and I genuinely cannot wait to see you.

Me : Me too babe! Love you. See ya later xx

I hadn't seen Mary in months. Last time I saw her was when we went to see One Direction together in Boston. That was a long while ago. I miss her so much. 

I put my hair into a messy bun, put on my sunglasses and take a snapchat saying I'm leaving on a road trip to see my best friend. I put it on my story and then open my spotify for the road. I grab my suitcase and then lock my appartment. 

I make sure I have my money, my passport and my IDs with me, which are the most important things of this trip. I put on my seat belt as soon as I get into my car and then plug in my phone to listen to the long playlist I made specially for this trip. It includes an insane variety of artists like Dua Lipa, Louisa Johnson, Demi Lovato, One Direction, Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes, The Beatles, Queen, Blink, Good Charlotte, etc. Basically, it looks like my entire life's music taste was puked into one playlist. 

I'm quite grateful to have Spotify Premium, I don't know what I would do not being able to listen to my songs without my LTE. Or even with all of those ads, I would go insane. 

I drive for about 2 hours until I finally get to the border and I text Mary telling her I should be there in about 5 hours which she replies with loads of heart emojis. 

It's finally my turn to pass to customs and I will forever laugh at the last time I went to Boston to see Mary. The man had asked me the reason of my visit to the US and his face when I said I was going to see One Direction was absolutely priceless. The one today is quite cute and has a nice smile. It doesn't last too long as he wishes me a nice day and a nice time in the country. I thank him and think about putting my phone into airplane mode but I remember that I got a deal for my LTE in the US. 

After stopping to gas and get some food, I finally arrive on Mary's school campus and I try to look around for her. I go into my notes to see what was the wifi and the password so I can text her I'm in the parking lot. 

After about 5 minutes, I finally spot her and sprint to go hug her. We both fall on the grass laughing our asses off. A lot of people stare at us, but it just makes us laugh even more cos we're just really happy to be together. 

"So, I thought we could go eat breakfast at my favorite place around the block and then go to the mall tomorrow?" Mary proposes as we settle my stuff into her dorm. 

"Sounds perfect, can we chill tonight though? I'm exhausted from driving all day," I chuckle and she agrees. 

"Mean Girls?" 

"I hope you don't mind me quoting the whole movie because I legit know it by heart," I laugh as she does searching the movie on Netflix. 

We watch the movie cuddled up and then scroll through our social medias before deciding on going to sleep. 

...

Mary and I have to walk about 5 minutes until we get to the crepes shop. It smells fantastic and my stomach growls thinking of how good it'll be. I order a nutella strawberry crepe, same as Mary. 

"So, do you have anything planned for tomorrow? I wish I could've taken the day off, but I'm the manager of the store and no one could replace me, " Mary asks as soon as we get our crepes. 

"Actually I do. Charlie Puth is doing a little gig tomorrow at this radio station and I got myself a ticket, so I'll be there most of the day," I say excitedly. I still remember about a year ago when I first saw Charlie live and absolutely fell in love with the guy. He is so talented. And watching interviews of his just made me want to become a huge fan of his. 

"That sounds amazing, make sure to get there early to be front row!" 

We talk about what has happened since we last saw each other. She tells me about this guy she's seeing and we both talk about how school is doing. She's studying in PR and I'm studying to become a teacher in elementary school. Talking with her just makes me realize how much I had missed spending time with her. 

...

The next morning we both get up early so Mary can get to work and I can get ready for the show. I leave quite early to stop by a grocery store to buy some food and water so I don't go through the whole day feeling sick because I didn't eat or drink anything. 

I buy a water bottle, a sandwich and a bag of proteined cookies. I should be able to go through the day with this. I have a bit of a hard time finding a parking lot where I can leave my car for the whole day, but once I do, I get super excited to get to the radio station. 

I get inside the building and I try to find someone to ask them where I can wait to see Charlie. I finally find some dark haired woman that looks to be about mid-thirties and I ask her for indications. 

"My love, you know the show is still in 6 hours right?" She tells me with a smile. 

"Oh, I know. I just wanted to make sure I would be front row," I explained as she nods. 

"Dedicated, I like that. Alright then, let me show you where you can wait," She smiles again and then leads me to a room where there are many chairs. 

I put my stuff on one of them as she wishes me a great day and a good time for the show tonight. 

It takes about 2 hours until people start arriving and taking a seat next to me. Makes me feel a bit ridiculous for arriving 2 hours earlier than them, but I wanted to be sure to have the best place for the show. 

Someone from the radio comes down to the room and interviews few of us asking us how long we've been waiting, where we're from, what's our favorite song and why we love Charlie. We all give various answers but people are quite shocked to find out I'm from Canada and not the US. That I would actually travel all the way here for a small gig. I mean, I'm not here just for the gig, but they don't have to know that. 

An hour before the show, we finally get to go inside, and I'm the first one to be let in. I get to the gate and put myself right in the middle of the stage to make sure I have the best view. I'm really happy that this all worked out, I never get anything good like that. 

I feel a bit lonely standing there but the excitement takes over any other emotion quite quickly as the lights go off and the whole crowd starts to scream. Few seconds later, there he is. He looks so damn beautiful. 

---

Thank you if you read! Please vote and leave comments. I hope you guys will enjoy the story! Charlie and Camille (the main character) will meet in the next chapter!!!!!