Truth Moment

"Troy Holliday was only a few feet away from me and you didn't say anything!" Lauryn yelled as she hit Gaby with a dry cloth.

"If I told you then Nick would have known and then Randy would have to arrest him for a double murder."

"Nick is more reasonable than that give him some credit."

"Nick can be incredibly jealous when he wants to be."

"What did he want anyway?"

"To pester me about the re-write,"

"At eleven at night, I don't think so." Lauryn said with a pout. "I am so jealous of you right now."

"Don't be I'm on borrowed time. I still want to know how he got my address and number."

"Maybe Sasha gave it to him."

"No way Sasha knows I would kick her ass."

"Well I guess he had his people sniff you out." Lauryn said with a laugh. Gaby rolled her eyes as she picked up her bag with a huff.

"I'll see you later Lauryn I have to pick up my baby from school."

Gaby picked up Jacob from afternoon school and made a stop to the grocery story to pick up something she needed for dinner that night.

"Mommy can we have a picnic?" Jacob asked as they strolled down the frozen food aisle.

"A picnic?"

"Yeah a picnic, can we have one?"

"I don't see why not, we can have one this weekend."

"Nooo today,"

"Today? Why do you want to have a picnic today?"

"I don't know." He said as he shrugged his tiny shoulders.

"I don't know Jacob I have a lot to do when we get home."

"Pleeeease mommy?" Jacob pleaded knowing that Gaby would give in.

"Okay we can have a picnic when we get home,"

"Cool." Jacob said as he ran to the ice cream freezer and pressed his face against the glass causing it to fog up from his breath.

"Can we get this ice cream?"

"Oh no buddy, you've gotten enough out of me for one day. We're going home so you can have your picnic." Gaby said taking his by the hand.

When they arrived home Jacob ran to get his favorite blanket while Gaby prepared a quick snack for their picnic. Jacob spread his blanket out on the front lawn and smiled contently, it never failed to amaze Gaby how he could get so much joy out of the little things. Out of all of the children Jacob was the happiest, it was very rare that something bothered him and if it did it only lasted a few minutes.

Gaby popped a couple of grapes into her mouth as she listened to Jacob tell her about his day at school when Nick pulled into the driveway.

"Hey daddy, come join the picnic."Gaby said as Nick got out of the car. Nick sat next to Gaby and kissed her cheek before hugging Jacob.

"What brought this on?"

"Your son wanted to have a picnic." Gaby said pointing to Jacob who had his mouth full of grapes and just smiled.

"You're home early." Gaby said as she stroked the side of Nick's face.

"I couldn't take the office anymore." Nick said as he kissed the palm of her hand as Jacob started to play with Fido.