PROLOUGE

Damn, you look so good with your clothes on
And I'm not trying to come off too strong
But you know that I can't help it
'Cause girl you're beautiful
And I can't deny I want your body
But I'm a gentleman so I'll be
The one who takes it slowly
'Cause girl you're so beautiful

I wanna love you with the lights on
Keep you up all night long
Darling, I wanna see every inch of you
I get lost in the way you move
I wanna love you with the lights on
Hold you 'til the night's gone
Darling, I wanna see every inch of you
I get lost in the way you move
I wanna love you with the lights on

-------------------------------------------------------

Shawn's POV

Two totally different perspectives, two totally different morals and beliefs. How could two people be together without having to come across boundaries that would make it almost impossible for them to be together in union, no matter how young or old, different or the same people viewed them to be? I didn't care about any of those occupations, I just wanted to stop everything and focus on the one thing that might change my whole future forever.

I guess we'd find out soon enough.

"Lights on?" Rebecca laughed. She paused to see if I was taking this seriously, and glanced down in embarrassment. The term of lights on made so much sense in this situation, involved so much depth that I couldn't even explain it with my own words.

Loving her with the lights on meant so much, to not love her in a dirty way, but to love her in a way that would respect her, considering her current stage in life, her current situation, as well as all circumstances together. Loving her with the lights on meant sincere and genuine love.

I honestly don't know what we had, but we had something special. This was a metaphor that would make reference to the opposite of "lights off", referring to a dark, dirty, and mysterious kind of love. What she wanted was everything you would find in a perfect relationship, but little did she know that what she was looking for was an open, light, and kind relationship that would take its toll before she stepped out of her boundaries.

Rebecca was obviously a girl who has been hurt before, someone who had boundaries and was too afraid to step out of them...just yet. Love takes time, and to be able to enjoy it we must enjoy every last moment of it, every last scene, and take it slow. This was particularly hard because I don't even know how much time we had.

"You'll never know how much time you'll have." I croaked out.