ELEVEN

WOW. So I've deadass been gone for a while now.. like I think I just disappeared off the face of the earth😭 I'm sorry y'all I just didn't have enough motivation or inspiration for the past few months- other than the fact that I've been pretty busy with my life and had a lot of ups and downs this school year😩 I'll try to update when I can but thanks for the support love y'all<3

Rebecca's POV

"I feel like I should literally just leave this whole Paul matter for good- are you even listening?!" Monica shoves my shoulder.

"W-what? Yeah, of course." I exclaim and go back to staring dreamily into the space in front of me.

"Uhh, no you're not." Monica grabs my face.

"Ow!"

"Okay seriously, WHAT'S UP?" Monica crosses her arms.

I look at Monica and bite the side of my lip nervously. Monica raises an eyebrow curiously.

Around 30 seconds pass as we both stare in silence, until Monica's eyes grow wider. We both squeal in unison.

"It's Shawn isn't it??" Monica grasps my arms with excitement.

"Yes, yes!" I stand up a little too passionately. "I just- he's literally ALL that I think about and something happened the other day-

"What happened?"

"He kissed me." I bellow while standing up. Monica stands up herself.

"And why didn't I know this before?" Monica gasps.

"It took a while to process even for just myself."  I sigh, admitting the truth.

"But that's a great thing so why wait this long to tell me?"

"God, Monica I'm literally almost 17 and I'm fangirling over a stupid kiss that probably meant nothing now that he's ghosting on me." I roll my eyes and rub my face.

"Well for one, I know that after something usually "this big" guys are usually a little quiet until they're ready to open up again." Monica assures me while rubbing my back.

"I guess." I pout.

"He'll come around...really soon." Monica stops smiling.

"What?" I turn around and see Shawn walking towards us.

Oh god.

"Hey ladies," Shawn starts.

"I think I should go, I got somewhere to be." Monica starts getting up and gives me a smile.

"Monica!" I whisper at her and she rushes away. I roll my eyes and smile at Shawn.

"Hi.."

"Hey, gorgeous." Shawn takes Monica's seat next to me.

"Where have you been these past couple of days? I haven't seen you since...since that." I hint at the kiss we had.

"Oh. Uhm," Shawn rubs his nose. "Been busy. that's all."

"Alright..." I look away.

I feel Shawn's hand caress my cheek as I look away, and slightly pull my face towards him.

Shawn presses his lips to mine ever so softly, and I pull away, not so sure what he was trying to achieve this time.

"I mean it." Shawn looks down and takes my hands in his.

"Okay?" I laugh confused.

We both look at each other awkwardly, and soon enough we're both laughing off the sides of the bench.