Chapter 5

A hushed voiced is wispering something.

There are people there. red . A kind face smiles. Some kids are giggling. Red. 

There is an old tree with people laughing under it. A man, a woman and a child. Her laughter is warm. Red. They are laughing louder. The voice is talking aloud now. Red leaves are falling. They are basically screaming with laughter now. RED

The voice is screaming and so is the child. The woman is gone. RED. The tree has lost all it leaves and starts to wither. RED. The man is laughing now. Something hurts.

Silence....

RED

you hit the ground. What? where? ..huh? The confusion and panic keep you from thinking clearly for a while. It's when a ray of sunshine hits your eye that you realise that you're in my room. Your torso hurts. Breathe.

It takes a few breathes but you slowly calm down. You're safe. You'll be fine.

You look in your suitcase. You're training with erza today. From what you heard yesterday, you'll get your ass handed back to me. So pick comfortable clothing.

you end up taking a hour trying to make a wise choice on what to wear. Only to end up picking an avarage black shirt and black pants. Before you leave your room, you quickly throw on your black cloack and grab your wallet.

Suprisingly you are not the first in the guild hall. Mirajane, elfman and lisanna are eating breakfast together at the bar. Team natsu and juvia ,minus erza, are doing the same at one of the tables. Laxus and the thunder legion are sitting at the other side of the hall looking intimidating. And Cana and the master are already drinking. You are pretty sure that's very bad for you. They are all laughing and half out of habit and half out of discomfort you pull up your hood. Just as you're trying to sneak out to grab breakfast somewhere in the city, a certain metal eater just has to notice you.

'Trying to escape ya punk?' gajeel ask you with a small tone of judgement in his voice 'I wouldn't exactly blame you since you'll have to train with that redheaded beast, but still.. hadn't picked you to be the scaredy cat type' you turn arround to face him. He's leaning against one of the pillars and he laughs at your surpised expression. The laughter reminds you of your dream and a bit of panic rushes trough your veins. 'I-I wasn't escaping, I was just going to get some breakfast.' you explain quickly, hoping to get out of here before something happens. 'Stop bothering them, gajeel. Don't be mean.' a nice but stern voice says. You are now face to face with levy. She scolds gajeel for a few more second before turning to you. 'Ignore him (y/n), he's all bark and no bite. We haven't properly met yet, I'm levy.' She extends her hand and you take it. 'Hi levy, I'm (y/n), but i guess you already knew that' is your akward reply. 'Pleasure' you both say at the exact same time and you both giggle.

'So (y/n) are you ready to train with erza?' lisanna asks you. You shake your head. 'Haven't eaten yet. I was just going into town to ge' you are interrupted.  'You can eat breakfast here if you want. All guildmembers get a big discount.' mirajane offers. 'That would be ni' you dont get to finish this sentence either. 'A REAL MAN EATS BREAKFAST HERE' elfman screams through the guild hall earning himself an annoyed sigh from evergreen. you can almost hear an mutterd 'idiot' from her.

You nod towards mira and walk towards the bar in order to finally have breakfast, god you are hungry, when an pink and black haired duo pulls you towards their table. '(Y/n)' natsu and gray say in union. they seem really serious. it's unsettling. 'You have to get out now. Erza is a beast. you wont survive training and..' they continue talking and warning you while mira quietly slips you some food. You mouth a thank you to her and you get a warm smile back. You quickly eat your breakfast while the two idiots continue making up horror stories about training with erza.

Just as you are done with your breakfast, erza enters. The redhead quickly spots you and walks up to you. She seems ready for business and you start to get a bit nervess. As soon as she has reached our table a big grin spreads across her face. '(y/n), are you ready?' you think about it real quick. no, but to be honest. you'll probably never will be. so you just nod and get up.

As you and erza leave the hall you see natsu and grays shocked and horrified faces just before the door closes. Erza leads you to a training space behind the guild hall. There is a gigantic three directly behind the guild hall and another one at the otherside of the space. In between the two threes is nothing but a big field. As you are looking at the enviroment erza has equipped into her heavens wheel armour. You turn towards her and just as you are about to ask her if we couldn't have and type of training without pointy and sharp objects she says: 'I need to know what your skill level is before we can properly start to train so I ask of you: dont hold back, for I wont either.' She seems absolutely serious. 'Erza, that is rediculous isn't there a better w'

She charges and nearly hits your right cheek. 'FIGHT' is all she says and you get she's not messing arround. You continue dodging her attacks by a landslide as she just keep trying to hit you. It isn't long until the two of you have arrived at the other three and you take this opportunity to get out of het range. You quickly jump into the three and when erza does to, you jump out and make an break for the other side of the field, trying to get as much distance between her and you in order to have enoug space to create and sword without hurting her.

When you finally have enough room, you notice that nearly the entire guild is watching your fight. You quickly make an sword before erza attacks you again. This time you can block all her attacks. This goes on for another ten minutes before erza demands: 'Attack me (y/n) '

you sigh but you reason with your self. If you get one hit, you can claim that's your top strength. Then this fight will stop. So you nod and charge. You move towards her right, only to quickly change directions and go for her left. She notices this and her swords goes to block your hit. Just as the swords are about to clash there's a flash.

And your swords hit her shoulder.

(SO i know this update was long overdue and im sorry, i just dont know where i wanna go with this story and i seriously thought about discontinuing this story , but since you all seem to enjoy it i wont but it will take me a while to update because i find it difficult to write decent chapters. For example i have rewritten this one arround an million times. anyone leave in the comments how you think your sword managed to hit erza eventough her sword was in the way)

I hope you all have an wonderfull week