Chapter 26

"Miller" Bellamy greeted as they entered the kitchen. Octavia sent him an amused look.

"About time, did you go to Dax's in the last few hours?" he asked. Clarke came around the corner headed for the coffee pot. Miller looked at Bellamy expecting an answer, He glanced over at Clarke on her way by, the swelling on her face making him take a double take.

"Whoa, hold up, what the fuck happened to your face? You got stitches? You didn't think to reveal that on the phone last night. Dammit" He yelled grabbing her arm to make her face him better. He looked over her face closer.

"So, yeah, I went to Dax's" Bellamy answered. Miller's head snapped back to him.

"Don't bother to answer now, I already figured it out."

"You knew all of this and just sat here sipping your coffee?" He ran a hand over his face looking to Octavia.

"You're the detective" she smiled.

"It's a good thing you guys are like family. A damn dysfunctional one but family nonetheless."

"You stay out of the bar and away from Dax, you too!" Miller stated looking to Bellamy and Clarke.

"And you, you, you watch them!" he told Octavia, she gave him a mock salute, as he grumbled the whole way to the door.

"He needs decaf" Clarke laughed.

"I heard that Griffin " Miller stated followed by the slam of the door.

They all headed out taking care of the days list of to do's, They got cleaned up and just sat down, when they heard a car, Miller pulled back in the driveway.

He let himself in, heading towards their voices.

"To What do we owe two visits in one day, officer? We haven't even left the property. " Bellamy asked with a smirk, sprawled out on the couch .

"Get up smart ass, you have to come in for questioning, you broke Dax's nose and his cheek bone, let's go. " Miller motioned towards the door. Bellamy stood grabbing his boots.

"You've got to be kidding me. After what he did to her!" he complained making his way to the door.

"Yup which brings me to Clarke, you are going to want to have Octavia bring you down. Press charges, looks better for Bellamy that way. At Least if it's on record we can say he was defending you. Give us a few minutes then you come down, by then you should be able to bring him back with you."

"Great" she huffed standing, Octavia headed upstairs to grab a sweatshirt.

The guys left just as Clarke slipped boots on, she sat on the front porch a few minutes , a noise in the distance drawing her attention. Sounded like it was coming from the back pasture, like there was something just over the ridge. Octavia stepped out closing the door.

She looked at Clarke.

"What the hell is that?"

"Sounds like fourwheelers" Octavia stated.

They heard voices .

"That's our top pasture " Clarke stated heading for the door. She opened it grabbing the rifle out of the foyer.

"Wait , I'm calling Miller"

"So call him, I'm not waiting" Clarke replied heading to the barn. Within minutes she was on Shiloh's back, Rifle across her lap taking off across the field.

Octavia was rushing around trying to tack her horse quickly. Damn her for never listening

"O? Clarke?" Bellamy's voice came through the barn, before she even heard the car stop.

"Here" She called both Miller and Bellamy coming through the door just as she pulled herself up on Tango.

"Where is Clarke?"

"Where do you think?"

"Damn her!" Bellamy yelled, grabbing a bridle and putting it on the next horse. If she didn't get hurt he was going to kill her.

"I'll cut across the next road, see If I come across anyone" Miller stepped out of the barn when a gunshot rang through the air.

Bellamy heard it ring through the barn, he didn't bother with a saddle, he pulled himself up on the horse and took off. Octavia leading the way. Miller jumped in his car ripping out of the driveway and taking it along the backroad that runs parallel to the fields.

Miller took the turn at a high speed just as he saw Bellamy and Octavia come out on top of the high pasture. He scanned the field quickly seeing nothing, the cows were grazing on the top end where the Blake siblings were, and the field looked quiet.

"Grass...grass...grass...four wheeler. Bingo" Miller talked to himself moving the car forward before getting out, gun drawn, taking the field on foot.

Bellamy followed his gaze, along the stone wall he could see movement. He took the horse across at a dead run, Octavia and her horse on his heels. He slowed the animal to a walk as they grew closer, a four wheeler started off in the woods and they heard it take off. Miller took off for the car, heading down the road in pursuit.

"Bellamy, is that Clarke" Octavia asked, her voice in a panic. A four wheeler turned over in the bushes and Clarke and Shiloh down in the grass.

He couldn't find his voice, Didn't even know what he would say if he could. He felt adrenaline course though his body, at the same time the sight of her made him feel weak, he wasn't sure if he was going to pass out or be ready to take on the world.

He brought the horse to a stop, dropping down off of him into the tall grass.

There Clarke sat on the stone wall over her horse, covered in blood. He couldn't tell where the blood was coming from.

"Clarke, are you okay? where are you bleeding from?" Bellamy asked her running his hands under her shirt and through her hair. Where ever it was he couldn't find it and he was starting to have this sinking feeling.

Octavia dismounted taking their two horses and tying them off to the fence. The second she turned to her brother she saw Clarke slump forward, Sobs shaking her body, that's when they saw it, there was no question where the blood was coming from.