Chapter 3

HYE-YON's POV

"What are you doing?" halmeoni came into my room and asked with a warm smile.
"Nothing, halmeoni ", I sighed. Literally.

"I'm going grocery shopping. Would you like to come with me?"
"Yes!" I shouted enthusiastically.
Grandmother laughed at my enthusiasm and asked me to get ready.

I threw off the blanket and put my fluffy bunny slippers on. I ran to my closet and browsed it through to find something to wear.
Oh god, I'm really out of shape. Did I just run out of breath getting out of bed? Oh well, as if it were the first time.
I had stayed under the blanket in my pajamas for the whole weekend now. The lazy side in me enjoyed it but on the other hand I needed a bit of fresh air.

My closet was full of stylish clothes that my sister had bought me to make me look as if I care about clothes. Most of them I haven't even worn. But today I could wear something a bit more elegant than usual.
"Hmm...I like bright colors, so I'll find something colorful", I thought aloud as I grabbed a bunch of clothes that were even more colorful than a rainbow.

I looked at the clothes and realized I'll look like a five-year-old child if I wore them.
It's not enough to have stylish clothes. You need to know how to mix and match. That's why I look so gorgeous every time, I thought sarcastically as I decided to wear my usual jeans and t-shirt.

"Anyway, I'm just going grocery shopping", I thought to myself and shrugged my shoulders.

"Are you coming soon?" grandmother asked from the living room.
"Yes, halmeoni, just a minute", I answered.
"I'll wait for you outside", she said.

Grandmother wasn't that old yet. She was so energetic that I think that even if she were as old as the hills, she'd still have more energy than I will ever have.

I barged out of my room. I was hopping on one leg to put my shoe on as I shouted to my little sister: "I'm going out with halmeoni!"

"Yeah, I heard already", she said with an annoyed tone.

"You little...just remember that I'm your older sister", I reminded her while frowning because the shoe wasn't ready to cooperate.

I saw movement in Ju-yeon's room and realized she had a friend over.
"Oh sh..." I was embarrassed but started to chuckle as I realized she must have been even more embarrassed.

Finally, I managed to put on my shoes and dashed out of the house.

"Here I am, halmeoni", I said smiling brightly.
"I knew it wouldn't take that long, unlike with your sister", she chuckled.
"Yep", I laughed and we started walking.

"It's such a nice weather," grandmother said looking at the bright blue sky. Birds were chirping and the wind was blowing softly in my ears.
"Yea, I like it."
I heard the neighbour's dog bark in excitement when we passed their house.
"Hi Holly!" I shouted and the dog barked even louder.

Actually, I have never seen our neighbours or their dog. I simply started calling the dog Holly because once as I was passing the house, an angry voice shouted: "MIN YOONGII!!"
Then I heard footsteps and a shocked voice that said: "Oh man, holy shit! What has he done?!"

I never knew what happened there but I guess Holly had done something shocking to the house or garden. From that moment, I started calling him Holly.

"Halmeoni, have you ever seen our neighbours?" I asked contemplatively.
"No,I haven't. Have you? I wonder if anybody lives there", she said and looked at the big house.
The house was across the street from ours. Not much of the house was visible behind the big brick fence.

"I've heard noise from there, so I think someone is living there. I'm just wondering why they never show their faces in the neighborhood. Most of the neighbors are pretty nice, aren't they?"

"Oh yes, they are really sweet", halmeoni said with a warm smile, "but now, Hye-yeon-ah, let's walk a little faster because we have a lot to buy". I nodded.

3rd PERSON's POV

Hye-yeon was struggling to push the heavy cart. Grandmother hadn't been joking when she said they had a lot to buy.

"Aren't we done already?" Hye-yeon whined.
"Come on, Hye-yeon-ah, you're young and strong", grandmother said and raised her eyebrows when Hye-yeon almost hit a person with the cart.

"Hehe", Hye-yeon laughed nervously and bowed apologetically to the person she had almost hit.

"No, just a few more items and then we are done", grandmother said and Hye-yeon could swear that she heard her grandmother chuckle. Grandmother was convinced that grocery shopping gives Hye-yeon a good workout and also teaches her patience.

Grandmother left Hye-yeon with the cart and went to look for ingredients for Hye-yeon's favorite dish.

Hye-yeon stopped the cart and leaned her head on her hands that were holding the handle of the cart.
"Tsk. How come halmeoni is so strong and energetic?" she sighed. "I can't even-", she was cut off when she felt someone bump into her.

"What-??!" she cried out and felt the cart slipping from her hands.

"NOO!" she shouted and tried to catch the cart.
Please legs, faster, faster, please! Hye-yeon breathed heavily as she ran after the cart.

Gosh, this is embarrassing. I hate running. This is not even real running and I'm already out of breath. Hye-yeon was about to catch the cart but missed it by a hair's breadth and the cart crashed into a big pile of cardboard boxes.

"Thank God it didn't hit anyone!" she sighed with relief and clasped her hands together.

"HEEY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING- OUCH!" she heard someone screaming under the boxes.

Hy-yeon gasped and started to throw the boxes to the side to see who was the unlucky person to lie underneath. She was ready to apologize multiple times and give a deep bow, but the moment she saw who it was, she changed her mind.

"Oh, it's you."

A/N: Thank you to everyone reading this. It's my first time ever writing a fanfiction and I'm both excited and nervous to see if you guys like it. Leave a comment to let me know what you think of 'Nuisance'. Also I would appreciate if you'd vote and share this with your friends!
Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

Ps. Feel free to send me a message anytime!