2) Patient Zero

Psyche stepped forward, grabbing the only weapon that she could have; A deadly knife that could cut through bone. She knew this because after winning the favor of the crowd and winning several times consecutively, they allowed her to have it and not used to handling a weapon, she severed a man's arm from his shoulder.

Never again did she want to touch this weapon but the doctors strived to please the crowd. The more blood the better, but if you killed the other fighter, then you would also be killed. However, if you were a favored contestant and killed a low level supernatural, then you were praised for the elimination of such a useless creature. If you killed a high lever super, then you would immediately be under suspicion and more than likely killed.

Half of the residents were prisoners and the other half were slaves. Many creatures had been purchased from other hunters to be put to work or for their own sick pleasure. The hunters called supernatural an abomination, sinful creatures and below the scum of the earth. But the hunters are not what they once were centuries ago. They used to kill all abnormal, celestial, ghostly, mythological and obscure creatures that they came across. Now they held them captive and forced them to do their bidding.

Psyche blinked the water that was dripping from her long and curly hair that was pasted across her face out of her eyes. Her hair was another bit of evidence that she had been here for a very long time. It was immensely long. Even with her curls, it dragged into the mud, a trail of black hair following after her.

Markus, the incubus, smirked as he took in her small, lean stature. Standing at exactly five feet, she was always belittled and underestimated. His pitch -black eyes scanned her from head to toe, making her skin crawl as they lingered on certain areas.

"I see that you're all wet. Can the same be said between those beautiful legs of yours?" he asked and she only stared in return. What exactly did women see in him? Women fought to be his next victim, and she never understood why. He was lanky and had what she heard was called a skater hairstyle. She didn't find it very attractive on him. But then again, he didn't really have to be attractive to lure in his next meal. It was all in the pheromones.

"What, cat got your tongue?" He sneered and she smirked back. If only he saw the irony of that sentence.

When he saw that she wasn't going to respond, he sucked his teeth in irritation. "What is so great about you anyways? The crowd loves you and you don't even speak. Did you talk too much and they had to cut out your tongue to shut you up?" he said and roared with laughter.

She took that opening and slipped behind his back and held him in a chokehold. He was obviously new at this. She felt him jolt in surprise. He grabbed onto her forearms, trying to flip her over his shoulders. She only tightened her hold. Small jolts of power flowed through her veins at his touch. She imagined that is was supposed to be pleasure but it only felt invasive and disgusting as she absolutely abhorred the male touch.

Soon his long fingernails scraped down her arm, and warm blood dripped down and she winced and tightened her hold on his jugular, preventing any access to air. He began tapping on her arms, gasping for breath, yet she didn't not let go. If she did, she could be punished. But she would not kill him even if she would be able to get away with it. She had to find that thin line between life and death and she knew it very well. She knew exactly when she had hit the mark when he began slipping and his grip loosened.

In a way, she was glad that the crowd and doctors had their fill of spilt blood because that meant the she didn't have to spill any. The incubus would live to see another day. She let him slip into the mud and threw in a vicious kick to the gut for good measure. She felt Markus needed a good kick in the face but she settled for his stomach for today. He would live. His source of nutrition was sex and all emotions related to it. They were horny males and females abundant for him to feed from.