Sugar Sweet

Niran

Jumping up onto the display she cuddled Sugar, a male Pikachu she had met. "Pika !" Sugar greeted as he scratched his head using his tail. "Vul," She copied Sugar's head scratching. "Those two really get along," Sugar's trainer Abigail commented as she sliced a cake for Paul to eat.

   "Here you go," She placed browned berries for her and Sugar to eat. "Yum !" She said after a taste of roasted berries. "Sugar's Thunderbolt is the best way to get that unique flavor," Theresa explained.

   "I'll try something like this next time I see some berries," She commented. Paul just shrugged and drank his coffee. "Come on, stop being such a grump," She hopped down and headed for Paul's table.

   Taking a bite of the creamy cake she could taste the roasted Pecha berries in it. "So good !" She cheered. "Not much of a surprised that you like sweet things," Paul commented as he put down his cup. 

  "Sugar," Abigail called. "I'm coming too !" She ditched Paul to help gather berries. It was great until they headed for a red leafed tree full of Aspear berries.  But the dense rich berries that were pretty sour were as hard as a rock.

  "Sugar, try again," Abigail instructed but the peel was too hard. "Let me try," She took a step forward and used Ember. Having never burned a berry she was unsure how to get it right but the berry remain unblemished.  "Sugar, please find a way," Abigail pleaded.

When they came back, dispirited. Paul was waiting for her with that stony face of his. "Were leaving," He stated. Sad she gave a tearful goodbye to her friend Sugar.