14. Second

This is based off of my other book, Mishy. It hints to their future. Check out that book if you'd like!

-

Scott couldn't believe how fast Bailey was growing up. It seemed like just yesterday he had adopted her and now she was going to be a second grader.

"Mitchy, baby," he whispered, his arm tightening around Mitch's waist. "Are you up?"

"Am now," Mitch sighs quietly. He's not mad, Scott can tell, just tired. "What's wrong, Scotty? Why aren't you asleep?"

"She starts second grade tomorrow." Scott says, nuzzles his face into his fiance's neck.

"I know, honey, which is why you need to sleep. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

"Baby, she's growing up so fast - too fast." Scott sniffles, feels tears prickling at his eyes. "I can't believe it."

"Hey, hey, none of that. Don't cry, Scotty." Mitch wipes at his tears, presses gentle kisses to the corner of his eyes.

"I love you," Scott whispers, smiles sadly when their noses brush together. "I wouldn't be able to handle any of this stuff without you."

"I know, baby. You'll never have to," he says, curls their hands together before he brings them up to his lips, presses a kiss to the ring Scott got him on his left hand.