25. Sound

Mitch loves the sound of Scott's voice.

Whether he's singing or talking, there's just something about the way his voice dips and peaks that always has an effect on Mitch.

His voice can make Mitch feel calm, happy, good.

"Baby?" Scott calls, his feet padding down the hallway. "There you are," he smiles, stopping in the doorway to Mitch's room.

"Hey, Scotty," Mitch says softly. He had only been scrolling through social media but he places his phone next to him on the bed when Scott moves into his room.

"Luke invited us over to play with Oliver tomorrow, if you want to go? I think he's just the cutest thing - next to you, of course."

Mitch just smiles, "yeah, we should go tomorrow. But right now, we should cuddle." He laughs quietly, his arms reaching out for Scott who quickly snuggles up next to him.

"What were you up to?" His voice asks softly.

"Just scrolling through twitter." Mitch yawns. It's only three in the afternoon but he could really go for a nap in the arm of his love. "Sleepy now that you're here."

"Yeah, baby?" Scott says quietly, his fingers trailing softly through Mitch's hair, rubbing gentle patterns into his hairline and forehead. "Close your eyes."

Mitch follows his command, eyes slipping shut as he curls further into his arms. "Will you tell me a story? Wanna fall asleep to the sound of your voice."

"Okay, Mitchy," He soothes, his voice relaxing Mitch's mind and body. "Once upon a time..."