Prologue

Mal silently pulled the hood of her jacket over her head, half concealing her face as she glanced up at the building that would soon become her school. It was tall, at least two stories, with a large blue entry. It has glass doors and a large glass wall with an arch at the top.

"A regular human, huh?" she whispered to herself. Chuckling, she entered the building. Once inside, she took a look around. 'Wow, i've never seen so many humans in one place before!' She thought as her crimson eyes scanned the room. White with a trophy case to the right, the office to the left, and a large eagle statue in the middle.

She stepped forward and peeked into a large room with grey walls and blue tables and chairs. 'Cafeteria.' She thought. She closed her eyes and opened them again, turning Them light blue with specks of green near the pupil. As she stepped in, immediately walked to the very back of the room where there were not many people around. She sat down just as a very bubbly girl, looking to be about fifteen, came strolling up to her.

"Hey! You're new, right? I'm Bianca, the class president!" Mal rolled her eyes as the girl, Bianca, sat across from her. "So, what's your name? I heard you come from far away!"

Mal laughed a little. 'Far? That's an understatement.' Looking up, she gave a polite, and very fake, smile.

"Hi, i'm Mal and I come from..." She thought for a moment. "New York, I guess." Bianca smiled a bright smile that made Mal really want to tear out her throat.

"Alright, look Bianca. I don't wanna be your friend." Anger clouded her vision with a little bit of hurt. Mal stood up and began to walk away.

When she was in the middle of the room, she felt an energy nearby that wasn't human. She closed her eyes and focused on the energy. It felt wild, like an animal. 'Werewolf?' She thought as she got closer.

The energy changed, from wild to hungry, making an odd mixture. Easily able to sort out the energies, she thought. 'Vampire?! I thought this was a human school?' Once she walked a bit farther, Mal found the source of the energies.

Two girls sat together chatting. One which she assumed was the werewolf was wearing an emerald green jacket with a black skull tanktop underneath. Her hair was a bit longer than her shoulders and it was a light brown with strands of what looked like sky blue. Her jeans were black and ripped and she was wearing black knee-high boots with a golden buckle in the shape of a howling wolf. The only make-up she wore was light mascara.

The other girl Mal thought to be the vampire was dressed in a scarlet red jacket which hung to her waist, and underneath, a black tanktop. It was like the werewolf, except showing the words 'Bite Me' in crimson red letters across it. Her pants were lighter than the werewolfs but still ripped. She had more makeup on- red lipstick and medium mascara. She had done her eyeshadow almost perfectly in a mixture of gray and black hues.

Mal was too busy observing the two, she didn't notice they turned to look at her.

"Demon?" the vampire said, snapping Mal out of her observation.

"What'd you say?" Mal asked, slightly annoyed she had been caught off guard by a vampire.

"You're a demon, yes?" Now that she listened to her voice, she could hear a slight british accent.

"Yeah, and your a vampire." The vampire laughed, Mal could tell she had a quite humorous personality.

"Long way from hell, aren't you?" Mal rolled her eyes.

"I was exiled" Mal spoke as if those words were stuck in her throat.

"Well, what's your name? I'm Astral, but you can call me Astra. This," she pointed to the werewolf, "is Hazel. She's a werewolf, if you didn't guess already."

Mal glanced at Hazel. She narrowed her eyes and lifted one of her eyebrows. As She slowly stood up and walked over to Mal. Mal immediately noticed that Hazel was taller than her.

As Hazel looked down on the demon, her scent ran through her nose, surprising her. 'Demon? I've only smelled this scent on one creature.' She played it for nonchalantly "You know that this is my territory correct."

Mal, not caring for her size, rolled her eyes. "I didn't come here of my own free will. And if I had known this was your territory, I probably still would have crossed it."

A quiet growl came from Hazel's mouth. Her teeth looked like they were getting sharper, as where her claws. Suddenly, the vampire stepped next to her and put her hand on Hazel's shoulder. "Hazel, go take a walk."

Hazel shot a last glance at Mal and took a deep breath as she walked away. Astral sighed. "Sorry, she's very territorial. She just mastered how to act like a normal human. But on the full moon..." Astral shook her head, what looked to be between a shudder and a cringe. "Anyways, will you be sitting with us at lunch?"

After a moment of consideration, Mal nodded. "Sure. It's better than sitting by Bianca."

Astral made a face. "So you've met her." She chuckled as she walked off into the crowd together. Mal, deciding she liked her new friend, followed.