5

When life knocks you down,
try to land on your back. Because if you can look up,
you can get up.

A M A R E
East Gym, Howard University
7AM

      "COME on Amare get your head in the game!" Coach yelled as I missed the pass and a potential score

      "COME on Amare get your head in the game!" Coach yelled as I missed the pass and a potential score. Truth is I'm slightly high. However, I promise I'll quit soon.

"Matter fact, get off my court and go home," Coach yelled, "and come back tomorrow with your head screwed on right!" He continued as I walked of the court, grabbing my shirt of the bench.

I go to the locker room to retrieve my shit. I grab my phone and connect my BEATS. My phone pings.

(440) 673-9451:
Either I'm getting my shit or I'm catching a body. | 7:28

Fuck!

B A S I A
Sage's Condo
8:30AM

     "WHATEVER happened to loyalty?" I exclaimed to Sage

"WHATEVER happened to loyalty?" I exclaimed to Sage. She was literally over reacting about Zai's pregnancy. "You said you were over him!"

She gets off her plush couch and walks in to her bomb ass kitchen, I swear  Sage was living.

"I have nothing against anyone, I do me and y'all do y'all. Simple, just don't call me or text me asking if I'm okay or why I haven't been around. I haven't been around because my so called BFF is pregnant by my ex." She says nonchalantly.

"That's your best friend and she needs your help with these twins because Kaivar bitch ass isn't going to be any help."

"Not my problem." She looked at me with a solemn facial expression. Gathering her belonging, I quickly assumed she was leaving.