Chapter 4

"MATEO!" Elena yelled at the top of her lungs after seeing Mateo gagged, hands tied and in the hand of Shuriki.

"Well, if you don't know, your wizard has been involved with all of my scheme. He helped me." Shuriki then laughed after, letting Mateo go and dropped him on the ground.

Surrounded by sadness, Elena then turn her head down, looking at her own feet. She could not believe that her love interest would betray her. In all of her life after meeting him, she had trusted him. She had learned her lesson. Even the closest friend cannot be trusted.

Untying his rope and gag, he then desperately stand and rushed onto Elena. He placed his hands on her shoulders but Elena gently removed them from hers.

"Elena! No! I-I can explain!" Mateo said desperately.

Still not looking into his eyes, he keeps touching her on her shoulder until Elena have pushed him hardly to the ground.

"You know she killed my parents. You know she broke your 16 years of living. You know she have been a bad ruler. She made all of our lives miserable. And now! You, Mateo de Alva, is helping her. I have enough." Elena's eyes filled with tears. She's yelling at him.

Still not standing up, Elena looked at him, his eyes are filled with tears. Both of them are crying. Love fades away between them.

"Elena, please, listen!" Mateo sobbed, saying with thick emotion.

"Mateo!" Looking at him into his hazel eyes, fists clenched. "I secretly loved you! But...you broke my heart! I just can't! I have trusted you." Elena said thickly.

Turning her back on him, Mateo stood up. He ran onto her but she neglected him. Elena keeps pushing Mateo away from her body. Stopping in his own track, sobbing, he gently said. "Sorry."

Gabe and Naomi arrived, shock at what they are seeing. Their friend is a traitor. Mateo's a traitor. Mateo noticed their presence, including all of the grand council.

"No, guys. It's not what you seem it is!" Mateo said. He wants to explain everything. Ha have been protecting Elena. Angrily, Naomi did not listen to him. She shakes her head. Gabe clenched his fist and suddenly punched Mateo.

"Are you?! Nuts?!!!" Gabe yelled.

Mateo gives up telling the real story and stood up. He wipes the blood from Gabe's punch. Shuriki smiled at him.

"Nice, little boy."

Since Mateo is Elena's weakness. She could not fight against me anymore. She's very weak. Emotionally weak. This is the time I will kill her. Hahaha.

Mateo noticed Shuriki's wand sparkling green dust and her eyes looking onto Elena, walking away. Mateo, in shock, run onto Elena. Shuriki did not noticed Mateo running as she is just concentrating towards Elena.

"Vadisima!!!" Shuriki casts her spell.

Elena looked back, stopping on her tracks. She closed her eyes.

She opened her eyes, stirring from the fading green smoke. "Am I still alive?" She said to herself.

She heard Gabe, Naomi, Esteban, Luisa and Francisco calling her name, footsteps coming at her direction. Their voices are mixed with worries, sobbing and sadness. Elena then coughed.

"*cough* I am here!!" The green smoke fades away.

Until something had happened.

Her heart had been broken again. Processing what happened. Tears welling up again. She saw, Mateo, collapsed on the ground, with his chest on the floor . Not moving.