Chapter 5

It's been so dark. It has been two days since the incident had happened. The palace was so silent. No one even the grand coucil or Elena could make the palace happier in this state. Tomorrow will be the day they will be last seeing the remainings of their friend, her love interest Mateo.

Rafa, on the other hand, is on her house. She's hugging some remainings of her son, the only person who loved her these days.

On a wooden box, there were some Mateo's toys when he was little. There were some tiny flutes Mateo used to play and some caracas.

"Mami!! Look." Mateo shook his caracas.

"Err! Mateo! Stop. It's noisy!" Rafa covering her ears with the six year old playing caracas.

"But, it's fun. Besides... Me not allowed to play outside!" Mateo complained.

While holding his caracas, those memories touched her. Tears flowing down her cheeks but she's smiling at those memories. While looking at her side, she found his tamborita. The tamborita that made him special. The thing that made him loved magic. That made him the royal wizard and a hero to Avalor.

"We have a spell to get them out of a painting but I never learned magic so I cannot do it. You have to do it Mateo!" Rafa pointing her son at his chest.

"Me?? And why would I do that?" Mateo said, stretching the side of his collar.

"You've been practicing magic in the basement all day and night. You think I did not notice?" Rafa grinned at her son. She never thought it would change their lives forever.

Rafa starting to sob again, hugging the tamborita of her late son. Mateo, her Mateo's gone. He's the only family she got and now he had left her alone.

------------------------

The trio grouped themselves together in Elena's bedroom. Three of them is filled of sadness and grief. Elena couldn't think of something until she got an idea to make something fun.

"I got an idea." Elena happily said.

"What?" Naomi and Gabe both said, lazily said.

"How about we should tell some stories of some of our great memories with Mateo?" Elena suggested. She smiled but she cannot think over of not seeing Mateo smile, laugh, or even do something funny or doing magic.

"I think it's great so we cannot be sad about this challenge." Naomi smirked while Gabe nodded and smiled.

"Lady's first." Gabe said, grinning and bowed to the princess.

"Hmm, yes. This one's great. Remember when Orizaba attacked our kingdom?"

Mateo rides Fuego but he was really scared. He's here, at the Maruvian temple but Fuego doesn't stop running YET he doesn't know how to stop the horse.

"Ya!! No! No! Stop! Ah! Run- ..ning!" Mateo said until Fuego suddenly stopped running, Mateo fallen out from the horse's head.

--------------

Mateo walked, tiptoeing the temple until Elena came in but he thought she was Orizaba.

"Talact!" Mateo pointing his tamborita.

He was happy but when he saw Elena froze, he panicked but he managed to reverse the spell.

"Elena? Ohh! Ahmm Zanamo!" Elena's back on motion.

"Elena, what are you doing here? It's not safe." Mateo being worried to Elena.

Elena explained about her scepter until they found themselves into Orizaba's teritory. She have been looking for the eye of the darkness. Mateo guided Elena into a pole. They hid themselves. Orizaba's going to break the pole they were hiding soon. Mateo looked at Elena "No matter what happen, just stay here.". Not being worried about herself, she asked. "But what about-" Mateo warned her again as Orizaba's approaching. "Shh."