5

"Oooh, honey," Leah sighed, looking down at her fingers. Bella, Rosalie, and Leah were sitting on Bella's bed doing their nails.

What once was a tense relationship between the wolves and the vampires turned into close friendships between people. Leave it to the quiet, awkward, and socially anxious Bella Swan to invite both sides to her eighteenth birthday party and force them to talk. Both sides found that they liked one another. Alice liked Jacob, Emmett liked Paul, Edward liked Seth (maybe a little more than just friends), Esme liked Embry, Rosalie liked Leah, Jasper liked Quil, and Carlisle liked Sam. Bella changed everything and everyone loved her for it.

"I want to kill her. I wish our thing wasn't to" she put up her fingers "'protect humans'" she put her fingers down "because I would literally kill her."

Bella sighed. "Literally all I did was be bisexual and come to Forks and I get strawberry milkshake thrown on me."

Leah hummed, shaking her head. "It's the worst kind, too."

Rosalie hissed. "I swear that girl is dead."

Bella bit her lip, shaking her head. "Rose, don't. She's not worth it. Just, like, I don't know, intimidate her some more? I don't fucking know."

Leah's head snapped up from the black nail polish. "Her? She's not intimidating in the slightest."

Rosalie growled. "I had her shook beyond belief."

Leah smirked. "Sure you did."

Rosalie snapped her teeth and all three girls began laughing. "I'm surprised that Jessica stepped in, that girl has balls."

Leah raised an eyebrow as she asked, "Jessica Stanley? The annoying one who we thought only cared about herself?"

Bella groaned. "Shut up, she's cool. She does what she does to survive high school."

Rose noted the statement and grabbed Bella's long fingers and continued layering on the red to deepen the color. "Red on your lips, red on your nails," she said softly.

Leah looked between the two girls and knew something was up. She took another drag of the joint sitting next to them. If Leah took enough hits she got a buzz. She passed it to Bella who thanked her and took a hit. "It's sad you can't hit it with us, Rose. This is the good shit they grow down at the Reservation. The Elders never stop smoking it. It gives them wisdom or something. Jared and Jake are never not high." She thought for a second. "Make that all of the wolves. It's a damn blessing it wears off when we phase."

Bella laughed. "Rosalie wouldn't do it even if she could."

Rose smiled. "You know me very well. I'm more of a caretaker than a user."

Both girls nodded. The vibe was relaxed, the crisp air fluttering into the room. "Because" by The Beatles threw the girls into a peaceful high, totally ready for a nap.

Rosalie had to go do a client's makeup in Seattle so she was off for another day. Edward came to sit the stoners and after the girl left and the boy arrived, Leah immediately asked, "So you and Blondie, huh?"

Bella shrugged, taking another hit. She was talkative when completely and utterly high. And, boy, did everything spill. "We were so close to kissing after I got the milkshake makeover that I forgot I was even covered in the shit, it was strange. She kissed my head but I don't think she intended me to feel it because it was so light and, so, yeah. I hope she kisses me. I want to kiss her. Her lips are just way too kissable, it's not fair."

Leah and Edward nodded, giving each other a nod rather than Bella. They both knew it wouldn't be too long until that happened.

Bella bit her lip and shook her head. "I'm tired of being human, it sucks ass."

Edward's head snapped towards Bella's direction, never having even the slightest thought that Bella would ever want— "Bella, no," he whispered, his features growing solemn. He knew the consequences to that decision. "There is no way you could possibly want something so vile and wretched—" His eyes burned with the memories of his early newborn days, reminded of the monster he once was. "Rose would agree with me."

Bella's heart sped, looking at the suddenly changed face. Once a goofy grin was now a clenched grimace. "Eddie, I didn't mean to upset you. Sometimes I just—"

"Think of becoming like me," he said with force, looking up with incredulous eyes. "Humans amaze me, but this? Truly beyond my comprehension."

"I know that I shouldn't and I know the consequences of this, but—"

"No, Bella! No, you don't!" he said with a disbelieving cackle. "You just do not understand what this means. I know you love the dying memes but you have no idea what it would be like for others if you actually died. And what it would be like to see others die at your hand."

Leah just sat inhaling more weed and making sure she was high enough to be tuned out for a little bit.

Bella's eyes pricked with tears. "But if I grow old then my best friends stay young. Hell, the girl I'm falling in love with stays young and hot and shit and I don't like that idea."

Edward let go of his anger, seeing things from her perspective. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head. "You're still high. Let's shut up about it, I don't need you being an upset stoner today."

Bella nodded and went back to her joint but didn't let go of the thoughts. In her daydreams, she was running through the forest with Rosalie, laughing and feeling the rush of life move through her, knowing that she'd forever be tied to the girl with blonde hair and anger issues. That's all she wanted.

The next day, Rosalie told Bella to go to the river by her house after work. Bells was worn out, tired of everything but her playlist filled with the only few songs that could cheer her up in a heartbeat. But nothing could help. Not even All Star by Smash Mouth. That's how tired she was.

When she arrived to the river, Rosalie was sitting and watching the water drift through the space and run over rocks. The sound of flowing water echoed through the silence and felt aesthetically pleasing as birds could still be heard chirping and the crickets rubbed their wings together. The sun was setting.

"Hey, Rose," Bella sighed, setting her backpack down and plopping down next to her crush. She felt like falling right into the river and letting it carry her away but she thought better of it. Bella had pulled her hair back into a low ponytail and her red lipstick had been smudged by her own hand.

She thought she looked like a mess. Rosalie thought she looked beautiful.

"It's really nice out," Rosalie commented with a smile, moving her hand to brush against Bella's cheek. Bella shivered and then wanted to call herself a dumbass for exposing her vulnerability.

But Bella knew she had to be vulnerable. "Rosalie, do you—"

Rosalie chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, I do."

Bella snorted. "So you love the Shrek franchise as much as I do?" She smiled at the sunset. "Incredible."

Rosalie poked Bella's lifted cheek and shook her head, smirking. "I know what you were really asking."

Bella's smile faltered, looking back towards the golden eyes she adored so much. "I know." She sighed. "So...what do we do now?"

"Now?" Bella nodded. "Now, I do this."

Rosalie deadass took Bella's face into her hands and gave her a big 'ole smooch on the lips.

Bella thought to herself, Rip me, bitches, and melted into Rosalie's lips. She moved closer to Rose and moved her fingers through her hair, an action she'd only dreamed about.

Rosalie's hands stayed on Bella's face, careful not to move or lose track of her self-control.

And everything seemed perfect.