Chapter 9

Shoutout to EmilyCarcamo for the idea for the chapterrrr ❤️❤️❤️

Today, we were hanging out at Tanner Fox's house. The Funk Bros wanted us to come to a big party they were having. More specifically, a masquerade party. I was pretty hyped, but then again, when am I not?

"Babe, I don't know what to wear for tonight." Taylor, Tanner Fox's girlfriend, whined.

"I don't know either. Here, I'll look with you and the guys can go back to the house, okay?" I ask them all and they nod as I squeal with excitement and walk into Tanner's room, where Taylor had 4 dresses spread out.

"I don't know which one to wear." Taylor sighed.

"This one is perfect!" I lift up a black and nude colored dress.

"You sure?" Taylor asks.

"Of course! Now help me pick mine out!" I laugh as I look at the three remaining dresses.

"Okay, okay!" Taylor laughs.

We get done doing our makeup and then we get in our dresses and shoes.

(Taylor)

(Lia's)

"Ready to go?" Taylor asks with a huge smile

"Sure thing! Let's go!" I smile and point to the door as we both laugh and head for the door.

We get into Taylor's car and both Tanner's text us saying they're already there when we still have about 15 minutes left to get there. We jam out to some music and we eventually get to the masquerade party thing.

We give people our reservations and we walk in to the crowded place. There was some classical music on, but it was turned up loud. Also, people were dancing all over the place. It was chaotic.

I bumped into a few people as I went to look for Tanner, but I couldn't find him. My anxiety started acting up, so I ran off into the complex house of Corey and Capron's. I found a bathroom and locked myself in it, knowing that no one would know I was here, at least I would hope.

"Deep breaths, Lia, deep breaths...." I calmly say to myself.

After a while, my anxiety goes down and I'm fine. For now, at least. So, I walk out of the bathroom and I run into someone, and I almost fall backwards, but they catch me.

"T-Thanks." I lightly say.

They just nod as they put me back into place and we just stand there in silence for a while. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was more of a silence that we could both enjoy.

Suddenly, a pair of lips reach mine and I'm shocked. Is this Tanner? No, definitely not. His lips feel way different than the guy I'm currently kissing.

I push him off of me as I see someone else disappear through the crowd. The first person that comes to mind is Tanner. Crap, I didn't kiss Tanner....

The man slowly takes off his mask, and who I see is not someone I wanted to see. Someone who I barely knew. Someone who was not Tanner.

{OOOOOH CLIFFHANGERRRRR! Yeeeeeee! It's okay, I'll try to update fast, but I just have homework to do 😂}