Chapter 1

Ciel took a deep breath in. He acknowledged where he was almost instantly. He'd been there so many times before. He opened his eyes slowly, letting his eyes take in the horror before him. The children he shared the cage with were motionless, almost doll-like. The kids couldn't have been older than ten, they hadn't even hit puberty yet and they had already gone through something that would most definitely scar them for the rest of their lives. Ciel slowly reached down to his hip, feeling an intense searing pain which he thought would never go away although he couldn't stop looking at it. Why couldn't he stop? 

"How on earth did we get one this rare?" One of the masked men speculated. Ciel held his knees close to his chest, the hundreds of eyes glaring down on him were too much for the ten year old child.

"I'm not sure but he's got to be worth more than two people put together!" The two men guffawed, which in turn, made everybody else in the room laugh. Small tears managed to escape Ciel's eyes, they fell down his face, dampening his shirt. He wanted to get away, he wanted to get away fast. Ciel clamped his eyes shut, maybe if he tried hard enough everything would go away. It didn't. 

He felt a tight grip on his arm, "P...please let me go." Ciel whispered, almost inaudibly. The man laughed at him. Nothing else, just a laugh which unnerved Ciel even more. As he was taken through the hundreds of masked people they each stared at him in awe. Ciel let out a few more tears before they clouded his vision completely, maybe now he could pretend they weren't real and he was back home with Mother and Father.  The next thing Ciel felt was a startling cold surface as he was laid down on his back. More eyes glared down at him making him feel like prey, surrounded by hundreds of predators.

"Stop...please" Ciel begged, but of course, no one listened. The next thing Ciel felt was a sharp pain in his abdomen. A knife pierced Ciel's skin, forcing him to let out a bloodcurdling scream which didn't seem to phase the masked enemies.  "PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME" Ciel screamed as he bled profusely from his abdomen.

"Young master, wake up." Ciel jolted upright as he felt his butler shake him, Sebastian had a slight tinge of worry in his eyes. 

"S...Sebastian." Ciel whispered. Of course it was a dream, how could he be so stupid? The young Earl shoved his butler off of him, muttering about personal space. Sebastian followed him out of the room holding Ciel's clothes for the day.

"Young master? Is everything okay?" Sebastian enquired growing increasingly concerned. 

"Of course it is, why wouldn't it be?" Ciel snapped back at the demon. Sebastian knew something was wrong, he just needed help from some acquaintances to get it out of him.