Chapter 2

"Bard! You can't diminish all your problems with fire!" Mey-Rin screeched at the incompetent chef who had been caught pointing his flamethrower at the kitchen stove. She knew that Sebastian hated flames in the manor. 

"Yeah! I've just planted these beautiful trachelium's to go in the kitchen and you're going to ruin them." Finnian's head dropped as his eyes filled with tears. "They're Mr. Sebastian's favourite." He wiped his eyes with his sleeve, sniffling as he did so.

"Fine. I'm sorry," Bard muttered. "It's just that if I don't get the young master's breakfast ready in time Sebastian will kill me, and I ain't getting on that guy's bad side." He joked, but each servant knew deep down he was being completely serious. Sebastian had shown them on many occasions just how lethal he could be. Baldroy instantly snapped out of his mental recollections, realising he was nowhere near finished with the Earl's meal.

"Hmm, shouldn't the young master's breakfast be on the table by now, Baldroy?" Sebastian enquired, smirking slightly. "I'll finish this up. Finnian, I'd like you to collect some fresh Penstemon's and Mey-Rin, I'd like you to take them to the young master's room." Both servants beamed. They all loved doing things for Ciel, it was almost a repayment in some way, although they could never give back completely to him they loved to try. "Oh, and Bard? This mess needs clearing up." Sebastian muttered, shooting daggers at him through his eyes. He was not as pleased with his job as Finny and Mey-Rin. But of course, he did it.

Mey-Rin glanced at Finny, "Do you think these will make the young master feel better, Finny?" He didn't take his eyes of the wonderful flowers in front of him for one second.

"Of course! I mean they make me so happy whenever I look at them!" Finny giggled, which made Mey-Rin smile. "Let's get them to him!" He shouted, pointing his finger up to Ciel's bedroom window. They started to walk up one of the many staircases in the Phantomhive manor when they met up with a disgruntled Bard who was muttering about 'how bad cleaning was' and how they only 'had to pick some stupid flowers' (which definitely made Finny tear up, they're not stupid!). They began to climb the stairs together altough Finny was a few steps behind Bard, while he was incredibly strong, running was never his forte. Mey-Rin, on the other hand, was two staircases down from them, trying her very best not to trip. She did...many times. She knew that she could do it better without her glasses, but like hell she was going to take the young master's gift off. 

When they finally got to Ciel's room they each looked at each other, almost worried. Ciel had never liked displays of affection, not on the outside at least. What would he say about some silly flowers? Bard lifted his hand up, ready to knock Ciel's dark mahogany door but stopped when he heard Finny gasp slightly. 

"What the hell's wrong with you now?" Bard spat. He loved the short gardener but by God did his mood swings get annoying.

"I...It's the young master...is he-" Finny whispered, before being interrupted by Mey-Rin.

"Crying! The young master is crying! We have to go and see him." Mey-Rin stated, before attempting to use the door handle. Bard's hand appeared over her own. Mey-Rin glanced up at the taller pyromaniac who shook his head slightly.

"Let's leave him forra while, okay?" Bard spoke softly, directing the two distraught servants back downstairs, leaving the vase of flowers outside Ciel's door. "I'm sure Tanaka would be a better fit for this job anyway."