Chapter 4 - Pot Of Ink

I sighed with my back to my bedroom door. I felt helpless. I had promised to Draco that I would help him get out of this mess, but I didn't have a clue of where to start. I looked around my room as if something would magically appear and would be the solution to my problem. Feather, my small, grey owl, flew in through the window and landed on the window sill. A light-bulb went off in my head. Inspired, I dug through my drawers until I found a notebook, which was full of the addresses of all the people I knew. I flicked through it page after page until I found the address of one person who might be able to help. I was relying on the fact that he knew about Draco's task, but then again, knowing Voldemort, he had probably told every single Death Eater that was still 'loyal'.

I wrote a letter, explaining Draco's situation and asking for help or advice, sealed the envelope and gave it to Feather. "Just one letter, Feather. OK, girl? Take it to Spinner's End. You know where to go." I cooed as I stroked her beak. Feather took off, flying into the distance. I hadn't noticed the letter that my owl had just delivered until it almost fell out of the window. "Woah!" I exclaimed and grabbed it just in time. I quickly ripped open the letter and recognized the handwriting. "Ron!".

I felt genuinely touched by the offer

I felt genuinely touched by the offer. I've had a bit of a rocky relationship with Molly in the past, what with me being a Malfoy and everything, but she'd still considered me in something like this. I felt quite special, in a way. I grabbed another piece of parchment from the desk and wrote my reply.

After putting it into an envelope, I left it on my desk for Feather to collect when she returned

After putting it into an envelope, I left it on my desk for Feather to collect when she returned. I felt a surge of warmth in my body. For the first time in a while, there were people who actually cared about me, and that was something I hadn't felt for a long time.

*With Snape*

Severus Snape wasn't really the type of person who received owl mail. He wasn't very sociable at all for that matter. So when a tiny, silver owl tapped at his window, he was very surprised. He hesitantly let the bird in and took the letter it carried. That was odd. He knew the handwriting, but couldn't remember whose it was. He opened it and began to read.

Snape was quite surprised that she had asked him of all people for help, and, secretly, quite touched

Snape was quite surprised that she had asked him of all people for help, and, secretly, quite touched. He always liked the students of his own house more than the others, but he still saw Serpentina as a Slytherin anyway. He was happy to help, in a Snape sort of way. He found a quill, a pot of ink and a piece of parchment and began to write his reply. He had a feeling that this was going to help more people than the Malfoy twins thought.