Chapter One - Storybrooke

(A/N) Hi! Here's the first chapter! I put in here that (y/n) loves to play guitar and sing, and that's kind of a big part in this chapter. If you don't like to do that, just replace it with something else. Enjoy! - B

You sat in the corner by the library, hidden in the shadows. You smiled as you saw a yellow bug pull up to Granny's diner. A familiar duo - a tall blonde and a brown-haired boy - stepped out of the car.

Seriously? You thought to yourself. She left her purse in the car and her window open? She's probably just dropping in. I better be quick.

You scurried across the street and peeked in the passenger window. There. You saw her purse sitting in between the seats. You opened it and saw her wallet right on top. You snatched the wallet, and saw that there were only a few 20's in it.

Oh, well. Guess this'll do for today.

You stuffed the money in your pocket and ran off towards the school. You didn't like stealing, but it was the only way for you to survive on your own. Your parents both died in the Enchanted Forest when you were 9. Ever since then, you were on your own. But you pushed those thoughts out of your mind as you continued towards the school. It was your favorite time of day.

No, you didn't go to school here. You didn't go to school at all. But during the summer you loved to walk around the empty halls. And after that, you'd go into the music room to play guitar and sing. If you ever got out of this stupid town, you would consider becoming an artist.

You slowed down as you reached the school. I think I'll skip the walk today. You thought. After all, you just ran all the way here, and your fingers were tingling for the guitar strings.

You entered the music room. Man, you loved it here. You picked out your favorite guitar and sat down. Your fingers did a little dance along the neck as you thought of what song to play.

Suddenly, you thought of Lost Boy by Ruth B. You love that song! Peter Pan is your absolute favorite story. You smiled as you thought about it, and began to sing:

There was a time when I was alone
Nowhere to go and no place to call home
My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away too

You paused. This song was definitely written for you. You're always alone. You barely talk to anyone, unless you need too. Your home is the forest, if that counts. You even talk to the moon sometimes! But you began to smile again as you remembered what came next.

Then one night, as I closed my eyes,
I saw a shadow flying high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me he wanted to talk for awhile
He said, "Peter Pan. That's what they call me.
I promise that you'll never be lonely."
And ever since that day...

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me,
"Away from all of reality."

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

Oh, how you love that song! All you ever dreamed about was flying to Neverland, running free through the woods, and playing tricks on Hook! Well, I guess I could do the last one. You thought. After all, Hook is in Storybrooke right now! 

You were about to continue, when you heard footsteps behind you.

"That's pretty!" a young voice said.

You turned around. It was Henry! The mayor's kid, and also son of the woman you robbed earlier. (It's complicated.)

"Oh!" You exclaimed. "Hello."

"Hi." Henry said, holding out his hand. "My name's Henry."

Right. He doesn't know you. Even though you basically know everything about everyone in this town, no one knows who you are. You're kind of like that person who sits in the corner; who doesn't say anything but can hear everything.

"Nice to meet you, Henry." You respond, accepting his hand and standing up. "I'm (y/n)."

"What was that song you were singing?" Henry asked, genuinely interested.

"It's called Lost Boy. It's about Peter Pan and Neverland."

"Really?! Could I hear the rest?"

You laughed. "Sure! I'll finish the song."

You sat back down, picked up the guitar, and continued to sing:

He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him and believe in me
Together we will fly away in a cloud of green
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me
I realized I finally had a family
Soon enough we reached Neverland
Peacefully my feet hit the sand
And ever since that day...

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me,
"Away from all of reality."

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

You skipped the bridge and sang the chorus again, because that's your favorite part:

I am a lost boy from Neverland
Usually hanging out with Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from Captain Hook
"Run, run, lost boy," they say to me,
"Away from all of reality."

Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free
Neverland is home to lost boys like me
And lost boys like me are free

You strung the last chord on the guitar and looked over at Henry. "Did you like it?"

"Oh yes, (y/n)! You have an amazing voice!" He smiled at you.

"Thank you so much, Henry!" You smiled back. "That's my favorite song."

"Do you go to school here?" Henry asked. "I've never seen you around before."

"Oh I don't go to school here. I'm... homeschooled by my parents. We live in the woods. But in the summer I love to come play guitar here."

"Oh! That's cool. Where did you live in the Enchanted Forest?"

"I lived in Snow White and Prince Charming's kingdom." That was true. "I didn't do much; I was only (y/o) years old when the Evil Queen cast the curse."

"Snow and Charming are my grandparents!" Henry stated proudly. Of course, you already knew this, but you pretended you didn't.

"That's amazing, Henry!" You smiled. "That must be really amazing to have them in you're family."

"It is." Henry agreed. Just as you were talking, Snow White herself walked in!

"Henry?" She called out. She was looking for him. "There you are!" She walked up to him. "Who's this?" She asked, gesturing to you.

"Mary-Margeret, this is (y/n). (y/n), this is my grandmother, Mary-Margeret, or as you probably know her, Snow White!" He looked to Snow. "She used to live in your kingdom!"

"It's great to meet you, (y/n)." Snow shook your hand. "I was looking for Henry to take him to the store. Would you like to come?"

You actually needed to go. "Of course! My, um, my parents sent money with me to pick up a few things there, so I'd love to go!" You hoped that was convincing.

"Great!" Snow smiled. "Let's go."

A/N Well, that's it! I hope you liked it! If you have any ideas for the plot, I'd love to know! See you in the next chapter! - B