I Got Lost Without You

Casually changes title, cover, and several chapter titles (am I allowed to delete Hell Yes? Please say hell yes.)

Warning(s): Derogatory language regarding homosexuals

>.<

"Mr Schue," Blaine walked into the choir room, eyes sad and head down. No one in the room had ever seen him so lugubrious.

"Yes, Blaine?" William looked to where Blaine was entering the room and was immediately shocked by his dismal state.

"Could I sing something now? It doesn't really fit this week's lesson - well, frankly, nothing fits it and that's why no one has anything ready yet - but I'd really like to do this."

Mr Schuester glanced at the whiteboard, wondering if the lesson really was terrible or if Blaine was just being rude in the way that his best female friend normally would. The latter seemed so unlikely that Will conformed to the former. "Why don't you start off today's class then?"

"Alright." The teenager set down his bag on a chair and moved to the middle of the room. Upon second thought, he moved to the piano and requested use of it. Blaine already knew how to play and sing the song off by heart, so waved away the band in a gesture suggesting he needed no help, and started playing the song.

Since he was the last to arrive everyone was already watching intently and glad for the extra distraction from their own impossible feat of preparing a number for the week.

So your friends' been telling me
You been sleeping with my sweater
And that you can't stop missing me
Bet my friends' been telling you
I'm not doing much better
'Cause I'm missing half of me

Blaine looked around the room as he played, catching gazes but never holding them for longer than a few seconds. One in particular he shied away from but subconsciously came back to, claiming that he'd known the face for so long it was hard to let go.

And being here without you
Is like I'm waking up to
Only half a blue sky
Kind of there but not quite
I'm walking 'round with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you

Kurt didn't know what to do. He had been battling himself over whether he should talk to Blaine or not and now he knew how badly he was really hurting. He turned to look at Santana and found her giving him a look so rank it could kill a Roman army. Of course she would've figured it out; she was the only one who knew about them. At Kurt's troubled expression her own softened a bit but she never looked away.

Forget all we said that night
No it doesn't even matter
Cause we both got split in two
If you could spare an hour or so
We'll go for lunch down by the river
We can really talk it through

The boy on the piano bench had his own war to fight: play the piano, sing, and do it all without crying. The tears welling up in his honey-caramel-gold eyes gave away the fact that he wasn't faring too well.

And being here without you
Is like I'm waking up to
Only half a blue sky
Kind of there but not quite
I'm walking 'round with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
'Cause I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you