Chapter 1

I’ve known my whole life that I was adopted. My parents never told me I was but I just knew. It was obvious both my parents have bright red hair, freckles and blue eyes. However, I have light brown hair and green eyes. If physical traits aren’t enough to prove I’m adopted then let’s compare our personalities. My mom is the type of person to say what she thinks; she doesn’t have a filter like at all. My dad is probably the loudest and happiest person ever. I swear he can find a ‘Brightside’ to the worst situation ever. Me however, I’m the quietest person ever. I prefer to sit in the back of the classroom and not talk at all. Maybe I wouldn’t be that quiet if I actually felt like my parents understood me.  We’re just so different.

I feel like I can never truly be myself around them. I just want to find my real parents, I want to know if I have any siblings or not. How am I supposed to ask them if they know who my real parents are? How I supposed to even tell them I know I’m adopted? If only I knew my real last name then maybe I could try and find my real family without my adoptive parents knowing. But as far as I know I’m just Clarissa Meyer.

Frantically searching through all the files we own trying to find anything that has information about my real family. I’m supposed to be putting these files into the final boxes before we move but instead I’m reading through them. I’ve looked through almost half of the files and have found nothing. My parents are going to be home soon and this is the only chance I have at finding anything out. Picking up another yellow file I flip through the papers in the file only to see it’s the exact same thing as the other files; every file just has stuff from my parent’s jobs.

Groaning I throw the files I’ve already checked into a box and move on to the last three files we have. Opening up the last three files I find the same exact things in them as the rest. ‘Well there goes the chance of me ever finding out anything about my real family’ I think to myself as I cram the files into the box. I reach up to the top drawer to see if there are any more files tugging on the drawer I find that the drawer is locked. Trying again I yank harder on the handle but the drawer doesn’t budge.  Getting up I begin to search through the room to try and find the key to the drawer.

‘Where the hell would they even hide a key?’ groaning I tug on my necklace in frustration; wrapping my fingers around the small medal heart shaped key on my necklace. As soon as my fingers touch my necklace everything seems to click, yanking my necklace off I slide the key off the chain and jam it into the lock on the drawer. Turning the key I hear a soft click as the drawer slides open.

Authors Note!

Okay! So this is chapter one! Clarissa's real last name isnt Meyer. Thats just her adoptive last name if any of you were confused. You guys probably wont be able to tell who shes related to but just by her description who do you think her real family is? Most likely no one will answer that question or even read this but if you are reading my story please comment and tell me how im doing! I would love to hear some feed back on what you guys thought of the first chapter! Anyway if you are reading this then i hope you enjoyed it!

Also i'd like to give a massive thank you to @wolf_paws for taking the time to make me this amazing cover! It was really sweet and i absolutely love it! Again thank you so much the cover is wonderful!