Tear Stained-Chapter 2

Luke's POV

The park. This one park. This was the place my mom used to bring me when I was a little boy. We spent so many long nights here. I was really close to my mom, then she was suddenly ripped away from me. Killed. She was the only thing I had. My dad left us when I was eight years old for another woman he had been cheating on my mother with. He was a filthy scumbag. I occasionally come back to this park to relive the memories we shared here from going down the slide for the very first time when I was three years old to being twelve and sitting under a tree talking about the meaning of life. My mom said "If you don't love life then why live it?" She died wad killed when I was seventeen about to turn eighteen. The last thing I remember was she was going out for dinner with some friends and she was taken away and stabbed right in the heart. Which is what it felt like to me. After she died, my dad tired to get in touch with me and bring me under his custody since I was still legally his son. I knew that was never going to happen. Even if I wasn't in the right mindset, I wasn't going to let him screw my life up even more.

I kept walking around the park watching the flashbacks replaying over and over again when I came to a tree. On this tree the initials "L and A" were printed side by side surrounded by a heart. I knew in a heartbeat that this was our tree. The same tree we talked about life, girls, and we would dream about what would happen to us later on. I sat down under this very tree and started talking to my mom even if she couldn't hear me.

"Hey mom, I miss you. I actually really wish you were hear with me right now. I remember the the very last words you said to me. 'I love you Luke. You're so special and have so much meaning and worth in this world.' You said these not knowing they would be the last towards me." Small tears started streaming down my face and I started choking on my words. "I love you so very much mom. You were the only person there for me. Taught me how to be successful in life and to never back down to a challenge. Now on this day, this same very day exactly two years ago, I wish I could have told you how much I loved you too." I got up from under our tree and went to a clearing and gathered some flowers. I placed the flowers right under our initials we carved days before she was killed. "Goodbye mom. I love you." I whispered. I turned around and wiped my eyes on the collar of my tshirt.

I walked back to my car and drove back to the house that I lived in alone now. This day will always be the worst. Before she passed, I never thought I would have had to deal with this especially until I was older and had a family of my own. When I got inside my phone buzzed. I had a single text message. It was from my friend Tyler.

From Tyler:

'Hey man I know this day is always rough for you. Thinking of you.'

I didn't respond. Tyler was my only real friend and new almost everything about me. I met him freshman year of high school. He was spending the night when the incident happened to my mom. I lived with his family for a while after she died not because I couldn't live by myself, I just couldn't make myself go back into this house for months after. Though he knew what I was going through, he could really feel what I was feeling. He had his mom, dad, and little sister still with him whereas I had none. I felt like I was completely and utterly alone. I couldn't fully trust anyone.

I glanced outside and saw that it was getting dark. I got a pizza out of the freezer and put it in the oven to cook. While I waited I went through my photo album looking at all of the pictures of my mom. I noticed that she always wore a perfect smile at all times. She knew how she was supposed to live any day like it was her last and sadly, that clichè became real. 

A/N

These pass two chapters have been short because I'm just starting this book sooooo yeah. This chapter is kinda sad ;(. Hopeyou liked it though... I know  I  got Luke butterflies when I wrote this(((: Please vote, comment, and give feedback! It is very appreciated<3 Donn'tttt forgettttttt to follow me on twitter and instagram @SHemmings15sos 

CO-AUTHOR WANTED. If you think you would want to be a co-writer for this book I'll have this online sheet to fill out later and I'll post the link. ANNNNYYWAY. bye.

Emily fact: I really like macaroni... like I am eating it now.