Chapter 14

The news came a month before the wedding. After they capture Waline, no attacks had been directed at them since. It kept them in a state of calmness yet extreme paranoia. With the stress of that and the stress of wedding planning,

"No, I told you the table runners will be periwinkle, not baby blue, for my brothers wedding!" Pause. "Well fix it!"
"They're practically the same colour, Shuri, please don't get them reordered..."

Everything had been rather busy.

That's why the news had been god-sent when it arrived. Tony and Bruce called them all into the lab, only to show a magnet, a few needles, and a tube of almost neon blue liquid.

"Did you..." Bucky whispered.

"We hope." Tony's mouth pulled into smile. "All we have to do is test it."

"Please, be our guest." Sam laughed in astonishment. He really hoped this worked. Everyone did.

They all stood around the pair of geniuses, watching as the pod opened and a rush of cool air hit them.

"Tony, syringe." Bruce put his hand out expectantly and Tony gave it over, already filled with the antidote (or so they hoped...). Bruce licked his lips nervously, taking Steve's arm and pressing the needle into the crease of his elbow. The needle sunk into the flesh, ejecting the liquid into his bloodstream.

Bruce pulled out the needle and moved aside for Tony.

"Cross your fingers for me, doc." Tony joked to Bruce and Bucky almost wanted to smack him. The wait was killing him. Tony placed the magnet against the prominent black veins, and they all watched in awe as he dragged it down Steve 's arm, pulling the poison with it.

Bruce came up next to him, syringe in hand. Once it was all restrained at Steve's wrist, he pushed the needle in once more and filled the syringe up with black goo. Sam wrinkled his nose as Bruce grabbed a second needle and did the same until nothing but blood was sucked in.

"Tony, go check." Bruce said, taking the magnet in hand as Tony walked over to the pod controls.

"And we are at...zero." Tony's mouth split into a grin. "We did it! Steve's vitals are as healthy as ever. His body should be mending itself as we speak." Tony laughed in victory.

Bucky let out his withheld breath, laughter slipping from his lips.

"Oh god. You did it. You cured him." Bucky didn't really think it through when he wrapped Tony in a tight hug, squeezing the life out of him. "Thank you, Stark, Bruce." He turned and gave Bruce a wide smile.

"Hey, you can call me Tony, Barnes. I'll admit, I don't hate you as much as I did before." Tony chuckled.

"Alright." Bucky smiled, thumping Tony's shoulder. "Call me Bucky then, Tony." Tony smiled up at the brunet, shaking his head.

"Sure, Buckaroo."

"No, I take it back. You can call me James."

"Aw, come on-"

"Hey, Tony." Sam spoke up, gaining everyone's attention. "How long until he wakes?" They turned to the capsule where Steve rested, still sleeping.