Chapter 1

Mal growled as she saw Doug walk out of his dorm room. She pulled him to where she was. 

"H-Hey Mal," Doug as she glared at him.

"Would you explain to me why Evie showed up at our door this morning?" Mal asked. 

"Um... We had a fight...."

"I know you had a fight! Evie told me. What were you thinking?" Mal asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You know Evie's sensitive!"

"Mal, I had to tell her!" Doug said. His mind flashed to the fight that happened the night before.

~Flashback~

"What do you want me to do Evie?" Doug asked. Tonight was not going like he thought it would. They were on a date, and he had just told her that he got accepted to a college that was on the other side of the United States of Auradon.

"I don't want you to leave me! We were supposed to go to college together!" Evie said tears streaming down her face.

"I know. But this college is really good!" Doug said. He tried to hug her but she pushed him away.

"Don't touch me!" She screamed at him.

"Evie. Please understand, we can still be together."

"Don't you see! Long distance relationships don't work! I know, I've tried! They just don't work. I don't want to get hurt again!"

"Again?"

Evie took a deep breath and looked at him.

"Yes. Again. On the isle.... I was dating another guy. He transferred to another school across the Isle. Though it wasn't very far, he had to stay there a lot. I was faithful, I kept waiting for him to come home. And when he did.... He was dating someone else. I can't go through that... Not again!" Evie said.

"I wouldn't do that to you. It wasn't my idea to leave to this college! I just got accepted!"

"Then don't go! Stay with me!"

"I... Can't...."

"Why not?"

"Because this is a once in life time opportunity. I thought you would have been a little more supportive!"

"I have been SO supportive! More than you! I thought we agreed we weren't going to a big school? What happened to that? What happened to us?"

"Maybe we weren't meant to be together, okay?! Maybe.... Maybe our relationship is a high school thing, and maybe we are meant to breakup before college starts!" Evie looked at him with disappointment, anger, sadness.... And love. Doug then regretted what he just said. "Evie... I didn't mean..." he tried to comfort her but she pushed him away.

"No.... Just leave me alone," Evie said and ran out of the room. 

"Evie!" Doug yelled but she was already gone.

~End Flashback~

"I couldn't just leave in two months without telling her. That would have been even worse! I thought she could handle it!" Doug said slamming his fist against the wall.

"You told her you two were meant to breakup! What the heck Doug?! Why in the world would you say that?!" Mal asked her face turning red.

"It just slipped out! I didn't mean it! I swear! And, technically, I said maybe. Maybe we were meant to break up.... " Doug said.

"I can't believe this! I can't believe you!" Mal said. 

"Mal," Ben appeared behind her and pulled her into a hug. "It's okay, calm down."

Mal sighed and pushed Ben away. "You hurt my sister. You better hope I don't hurt you," Mal said to Doug and then took off down the hall.

"Dude, you messed up..... Bad," Ben said and then followed Mal.

"Yeah.... I know...." Doug said and rubbed his head. What was he going to do???

Hey my Peeps! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! See you guys next time! 

Chapter 2 coming out September 19th.