Shifting

The diamond on her forehead represents her Alpha blood.

Maddie's POV
Have you ever looked at an ocean and thought I just want to float and forget everything that has happened and just sink into the depths and be forgotten? Let the cold waters embrace your crumbling soul and take you to a place where you don't have sorrows?

I stand by the edge of the exact ocean my parents had drown in. My eyes are teary and I haven't seen my brother that happy since then. I miss my mum and dad so much. They were everything to me and we were such a happy family. But that's completely gone now. I am almost completely alone now.

I walk along the shore picking up shells like my mom and I did when I was younger. She was my best friend. My rock.

My brother, Austin is the only one I have. Ever since mum and dad died, me and Austin have become very close. He has become even more protective. He acts a lot like dad now. It actually gets pretty annoying when he is waaayyy to protective.

I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Maddie Kip. I am 17, but I'm not a normal teen. I am a werewolf. I haven't exactly turned yet because it takes a little longer for my ranking. I am pretty strong, but not as strong as my mom was. But I will get stronger, I have too. Me and my brother have been rogues for about two years. Me and him got kicked out of our pack once our parents died because they didn't want to take care of us.

My brother is 19 and he is a very strong wolf. He is stronger than my dad. My dad used to train us all the time, pushing us till we were about to pass out. But I got used to it fast.

I was broken out of my thoughts by the cracking of twigs and I spun around real quick to see my brother walking out of the forest. He has a hand full of wood for our fire so we can stay warm.

"You ok Mads? Come here." My brother pulls me into a hug and wraps his arms securely around my back.

"I'm fine. It's just I'm not a big fan of this ocean." He rubs my back a little bit before pulling away and wiping my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I know, but it's just for tonight and tomorrow we can head to the next town. Ok?" I nod in agreement and start setting up the wood for the fire. Austin starts the fire after I'm done and we both sit back.

I sit their for a while before I feel a sharp pain through my hand. I hiss at the unpleasant feeling. The pain starts to spread and I can't help but let out a little scream of pain. I see Austin ready to pick me up not even looking worried.

"What's happening Austin!" I scream out as I feel my arm bend in a different position.

"Your shifting. It will hurt pretty bad. Just warning you." He says calmly. I feel my other arm break as well and the pain is unbearable. Once we are far enough into the forest, Austin sets me down on the ground and stands back as I scream out in pain over and over again.

Every bone in my body breaks painfully and shifts in a different detection. Hurt is an understatement. Horrid, excruciating pain is more like it. It was horrible. My  body finally stops shifting and I open my eyes to see beautiful, very white fur on my paws. I look back at myself to see a thick white fur coat all the way around me. I run towards the water and it feels like I am free. It's so fun. I look back to see a black wolf, which is my brother. We run together for a while before we reach the water. I look at my reflection and see the most beautiful, mesmerizing, shining, silver eyes.

I licked at the water and started drinking it. I turn to see Austin sitting next to the fire in wolf form. I run over to him and tackle him to the ground. We have a mini wolf fight before feeling completely tired. I grab a different pair of clothes with my mouth and hide behind a tree to shift. I put on my clothes before throwing my blonde hair into a ponytail. I run back to the fire and notice he's not here. He's probably getting changed.

As if on cue, he comes out from behind a tree in a loose shirt and some sweatpants. We lay down and share a goodnight before quickly falling asleep. Tonight was awesome. I finally shifted! I can't believe it. I wonder what tomorrow is going to bring us.
---------------------
Watcha think? Good? Yay or Nay.