My Best Friend

I wake up to the sun shining in my face. I let my eyes adjust to the light before realizing Austin isn't here.

I start to panic a little and look into the woods a little harder but I don't see him anywhere. "AUSTIN THIS ISN'T FUNNY! Where are you!" I walk into the woods searching for my brother and I notice he is nowhere around. I can feel tears running down my cheeks and I can't stop them. The last time I lost sight of someone, I never saw them again.

I start running once I hear some twigs snap and the thumping of paws coming closer. I keep on running for a while before tripping over something. Or someone?

"Austin! No, no please be ok." The tears are raining hard now. I tripped over my brothers stiff wolf. He looks completely motionless. I look up to see a dark brown wolf looking at me confused.

"P-please h-help m-my br-brother! P-please!" I sob out. Once the other male wolf heard me say brother, he came over and shifted back. I didn't mind his nakedness because at my old pack we were taught not to be afraid to shift in front of others. He pushes on my non-breathing brothers stomach and soon enough I here a whimper come from Austin. Once he lifted his head I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him hard.

He went behind the tree and changed into a pair of shorts before coming towards me. I hugged him again and he hugged me back harder.

"I thought you were dead Ausy. Don't scare me again like that." I had tear stained cheeks and he wiped my remaining ones away.

"I'm sorry Mads. I was attacked when I went to hunt for food." He pats me on the head and I slap it away. I then hear someone clear their throats and I turned my head to see the man in a pair of shorts also. Is it bad that I totally forgot about him? I walked over to him, ignoring my brothers warnings, telling me not to go near a stranger. I stand in front of the tall man and hug his torso.

"Thank you for saving my brother. I don't know what I would've done without you." I pull away and notice he is smiling a little. I turn towards my brother to see his jaw tensed.

"No problem. Um you guys don't happen to have a pack do you? I have been trying to look for a pack to take me in." I shake my head and he loses the tiny hint of hope in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, who is he?" I turn to my brother who looks confused as hell. I laugh at the dumb look on his face. "What's so funny Maddie!?"

"I'm sorry it's just the look on your face is killing me. Oh and don't be rude! He saved your life for freak sake!" I scold him. I don't really curse unless I'm super mad or to worried also.

The man walks over to me and my brother having that small hope in his eyes again.

"Can I stay with you guys? I have been a rogue for 7 years and I haven't really had anyone to talk to." Once he said that I felt a little bit of pain in my heart. I look over to my brother to see he's not really good with this idea but then he notices me begging through my facial expressions.

"Ugh ok. Fiiine! But first your name." My brother asks the unnamed man. I look over at the man waiting for an answer.

"My name is....... Gage." Wait what? No, is it really him. It can't be didn't he move? My best friend Gage Miller.

"Gage Miller?" I whispered towards him. He nods and gives me a joyous smile because I actually remembered him. I run up to him and jump into his arms. I hold him tightly and I'm pretty sure my brother is mad about him touching me because he's to overprotective.

"Kitty! It's been to long!" I whined. He chuckles at my child attitude. I call him kitty because when we were younger we used to play house and he would pretend to be my kitten while Austin was the dog. My brother doesn't like him having any skin contact with me either. Little did he know that Gage was gay.

"Ok Rattie! Get down you fat dog!" I hit him on his arm for calling me Rattie and hop out of his arms. I named my old pet rat Rattie when I was 9 and he's called me Rattie since then. I hate it so much but he doesn't give a poop.

"Don't touch my sister Gage." Austin said with gritted teeth. I let out a small growl when Austin took a few steps forward. Before he could get to close, another male wolf runs up to Gage and puts his fluffy head on him. Awwww that's so cute.

"Oh yeah this is my mate, Chandler. He's kinda shy." Gage pushes his mate behind a tree to get some shorts on before a pretty cute man who is shorter than Gage comes out. Chandler hides behind Gage and I go to look at my brother to see he is so surprised.

"Didn't know he was gay huh? You shouldn't really assume if someone's strait or not." I told Austin and let out a little giggle.

"I'm sorry man. I didn't know." As Ausy starts to walk towards Gage, a small growl erupts from the back of Gage. I thought Chandler was so adorable.

Austin stops in his tracks and backs away a little as Chandler comes around with a scowl painted on his face. Gage notices it and grabs his arm.

"Calm down Chan. He isn't going to do anything to me. He is strait and probably looking for his mate. I'm still yours." I was gushing by now. WHAT? I can't help it. Chandler turns around with a look that says sorry and they hug each other.

I never thought I would think a gay couple are so cute but they are soooooo cute.

I look over to Austin and I smile a little, "So I guess we got a new group of wolves?"
--------------------
Thank you for reading my horrible excuse of a book. 😜