15 - the howl

✱   ☆

I tightly squeezed the soft pillow as I let the tears roll down my eyes. It was just a dream, nothing but a dream. I had no-one standing by my side. "Why?" I questioned as I looked at the off white pillow. I let a soft giggle escape. I was asking a pillow why my life was so miserable. I caressed its cotton cover and plopped my head back down.

After detention, Stiles drove Scott to the animal clinic for work and me back home. I sat myself down to watch Titanic but after a few minutes, tiredness took over. I lazily walked myself over to my room and finally slept in peace. The last time I had an actual nap or even slept properly at all was like a year ago.

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face. I blink, close my eyes, and blink again. I sat up, dragged my feet off the bed, and rubbed my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretched my arms above my head and yawn. I watched my legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet. I grabbed my phone from my night stand and took in the time.

9:27 PM

I put my phone back down and rubbed my face with my trembling hands, sighing.

I didn't take my anxiety pills today

I finally stood up and walked across my room to reach the door. As soon as I turned the door knob I heard the front door of the house open and close roughly. I felt my heart leap out of my chest as I heard loud foot steps stomping up the stairs in a hurried manner. That was when Stiles made an appearance. I let out a breath, realizing I was holding it before, and remove locks of hair from my face.

"You nearly made me have a heart attack, you dork." I let out a nervous laugh.

"Adaline," He breathed heavily, gulping, "it's time for a another adventure."

I shook my head and scrunched my face at him confusion. "What?"

He sighed and entered straight into my room. He looked around for a moment and suddenly grabbed the hoodie he gave me a while ago from my closet and a pair of converse I usually wore.

"Stiles, can you please explain what the hell is going on?"

"I'll explain when we are in the jeep...here," He tossed me my hoodie and placed my converse on the floor. "Slip into those real quick. Scott and I will wait for you outside." He nodded once and finally ran down the stairs.

"What?!" I spit out in utter shock. "The Alpha was the one that bit you?"

Scott glared at Stiles, "You didn't tell her?"

"I was going too!" Stiles argued before glancing at me awkwardly through the rear view mirror, "I just forgot..."

"Wait, what?" I shook my head, "Since when did you guys even know? How did you find out?" I narrowed my eyes at Scott.

"Derek told me the night I found out the bus driver died," Scott turned his head to look at me.

"Wha-I asked you about it the day after? You said you didn't know."

"I wasn't in the mood on answering your and Stiles' questions," Scott faced the front again, "Derek came looking for him and he can't do it without me."

"Why you?"

"The Alpha was the one that bit me. I am part of his pack...." He gulped, his face flooding with uneasiness. "I am the one he wants. If we don't stop him tonight, he'll keep killing more people."