Darkness

Foxy's systems were slow to reboot.

But even before his memory banks had rebooted, he knew something was wrong.

A coldness in his steel bones.

A feeling in his nonexistent gut.

Whatever it was, it scared him.

And once his memory banks had rebooted, he realized what it was.

The silence.

Ballora's music wasn't playing. Her constant thoughts were silenced. Baby's occasional mutters were missing. Freddy's rare stray thought was nonexistent.

There was... nothing.

"Foxy?" His voice wasn't very loud. She'd hear him.

Silence.

Foxy opened the Private Room door and closed it behind him. The Auditorium was black as always, silent and echoing. Foxy's podium was lit, as usual, with the faint pink glow of the fairy lights.

He tried calling louder. "Foxy?"

His voice echoed around the empty Auditorium.

He heard loud noises in the vents, and whipped around, teeth bared. But it was a hobbling yellow figure who approached him.

Chica, ripped, broken and missing her bib, staggered over. One of her feet was dragging from the ankle down - very close to being finished, but not quite. She'd been crowing about how she'd be up and running for a week now.

"Pirate Boy returns," she said, raising an eyebrow.

"What do you want?" he asked, rolling his eye.

"You can't tell? Boy, you're even dumber than I thought you were." Chica folded her arms. "They're gone, you idiot."

There was another loud crunch of metal and a loud, posh profanity, before a purple shadow made its way towards the podium as well.

At least Bonnie's face was still attached. But the rips, single lazy eye that had yet to be fixed and dirty fur were enough of a clue-in to tell Foxy that she'd been just as bad shape as they had.

"Things... are not going well," she said once she reached them. "Freddy is missing. This cannot... be good." Her voice was fading in and out, as if her voice projector was faltering.

"Foxy too," Foxy admitted.

"Surprise surprise, my sister from another mister has run away too," Chica said. Bonnie blinked for a few seconds before Chica sighed and elaborated. "Ballora's gone, Bonnie."

"Ah. Yes," Bonnie clarified.

For a full twenty seconds, nobody said anything. It was completely silent as they looked at each other, desperate for an explanation. Desperate for - well - anything.

"...Maybe they're out on a late-service birthday party?" Chica guessed. But her voice was doubtful - she didn't believe her own words.

Neither did Foxy. "All of them at one party? Besides, they've never mentioned late-nights before. I'm sure Foxy would have told me."

There was more silence.

They were all thinking the same thing.

It was Bonnie who had the courage to say it.

"Maybe," she said quietly, "We were wrong. Maybe they were never our friends. Maybe we were set up, just an orientation into our new lives. Maybe we were meant to be taken from the lab, maybe they were programmed to befriend us until we knew the area we'd be performing in. The workers did talk about needing new animatronics for the Funtime Palace... and if they need new ones, that means that the old ones are either broken, gone, or..." Her face told that she hated acknowledging the option.