The Cost Of Friendship

Golden Fredbear was fast. He flickered about the place, here and there, always zig-zagging, never in a straight line. His position never changed. Always slumped over. Always devoid of anything remotely like life. Foxy wished there was another way, because following an evil godlike animatronic without an endoskeleton and very possibly with murderous intentions was an idea that Funtime Foxy would have laughed at him for thinking of. Then possibly punching him very hard in the face when she realized he was serious.

All the same, the second the words were out of Golden Fredbear's still mouth, Foxy was after him like a wolf. He ran on two legs to spare his friends the humiliation of being left behind, following the ghost of a presence across the massive Auditorium. Behind him, on his left flank, was Chica, her beak clenched. On his right flank was Bonnie, and directly behind him was Freddy.

He took a few seconds to realize that he was leading.

But then the Private Room door had opened, and Fredbear had glitched inside.

Foxy slowed down, a little confused. There was nothing in there. He'd been in there for weeks, and all that it contained was a desk, three monitors, a plush toy, a fan and an ungodly amount of cobwebs.

Still, he charged ahead, knowing that if he stopped...

He might not started again.

Here.Looktoyourright.Youshouldseeawall.Nowlookinfrontofyoutotheleftofthemonitorscreens.Thereshouldbeakeypad.Typeinthecode1983.

Chica, who had the thinnest fingers and could type the fastest, jabbed in the code. Bonnie nearly jumped out of her skin when the walls on either side of Foxy beeped twice and shot upwards - revealing that part of them had been vents coated in cobwebs rather than walls.

Goright.

Foxy ducked through the low opening and headed into the pitch darkness.

He activated his night vision once his friends were all crowded in beside him, unable to see in complete pitch black. His eye glowed bright yellow as the image flickered to life inside his mind.

He appeared to be inside some kind of hallway, with a door to his upper right. He tapped twice on the cold tiles of the floor, sending a loud ting noise echoing through the area. The vibrations rippled through his motion-sensors, giving him an even clearer image of what he was dealing with. He concentrated hard and sent the image to his friends with a little difficulty.

You guys good? He asked. It seemed wrong, somehow, to break the silence.

The complete and total, dead silence.

Dead.

Fine, Foxy, Chica said. Lead the way.

Foxy paused.

It's fine, Foxy, Freddy said. It was never an official position anyway.

Goodthen.Continueheadingforwards.Donotgetdistracted.

Distracted? Foxy asked suspiciously, inching his way forwards.

Therewillbe...somethingyouwillrecognize.Donotgetdistracted,Iaskagain.

Foxy rolled his eye. Nothing could distract him. He was in a strange place - still a very new thing to him - being led by a dark, living animatronic without an endoskeleton towards a friend he would rather die than leave behind.

Lord of Springlocks, he was wrong.

Out of nowhere, it hit him.

He'd thought it was just a curtain.