Prologue

I wonder why doctors, nurses, and even hospitals have to be white ? Like seriously i mean white is a color where even with a little bit of color such as red, was added to it,
" BAM "
Its  dirty. Why cant the color be something that doesn't get dirtied.

Whines i used to say when i was little every time i go with my mom and dad to the hospital they work in. And here I am an intern to the hospital at my last year of Med school. Strolling around the streets suggesting random people if they would like to be a donor of anything they have in their body .. in the hottest time of the day.

My shift was almost to its end, I just need to-- a sudden gust of wind from the passing cars blew the flyers i was handing out, and leaving me to pick it all up and waste precious time.

"Callie !!"

A shout from a girl with curly amber like hair, neatly tied up in a low pony tail came running for either me or the hospital. She's a fellow intern, and who I am most closest with, Pepper Robins, which reminds me a can or jar of branded peppers.

Pepper comes in helping me collect the fallen papers on the ground, before entering the hospital for her shift.

"Thanks Pepper" I said as I went towards her to collect the rest of the papers and return them inside the hospital.

"Your welcome Callie" she smiles, "I should take it inside for you though" she gathers the other papers in my hands "you still gotta catch up on that afternoon class of yours" she says with her gentle and cute voice that can probably make anyone feel calm.

But no time to be calm, im gonna be late for my class "Thanks Peps !!" I shouted as i ran towards the direction of the dorms which is  a block away from the hospital and three miles to the university. I prepared myself for the class.

I've probably used up 30 min. and I already knew I was gunna be a tad late. once I've put my hair up I burst through the door, and in such a rush I didn't even close it !! I ran down the hall and saw my roomie, I greeted her and told her I left our room open, and without her even greeting me back I was already at second flight of stairs.

I took my bike and passed by the hospital again to get my bag and continued forth to the university.

I run towards the classroom and stop just right in front of the door, Its currently 1:30 pm and I'm obviously late for my class. I open the door just a little bit enough for anyone not to notice, especially the professor. I take a little peek at the door everyone was silently listening and taking down notes intently, theres probably gunna be a quiz after.

I open the door a little bit more so I could slide into the room and go to my seat. I stealthily crouched and headed to my seat someone then shouted my name, the teacher,

"Miss Callie Windler, running late again ?"

Everyone's attention then turned to me I instantly responded by standing and rushing even more to my seat. Everyone starts laughing.

"Okay everyone quiet down" bellowed the professor, "Miss Windler' you better not be late again, understand ?

With nod, "Yes sir" I tried to say it as loud as I can, but still turned out a bit soft cause I was still embarrassed at how everyone was laughing at me.

"With that kind of habit, your patient might as well be dead on arrival" he gave a not so funny hospital joke, and I sink into my chair.

In what he means "again" he means about the sixth of the time this month. If he was just one of the regular profs of the university I probably would've gotten lots of demerits, but what makes this professor different is that, he's my older brother. Lavi Whisten, the cool prof that you can be buddies with, and almost every girl I know having a huge crush on him. He is good looking, no doubt, with his brunette hair always neatly swept to the side, and his dark black eyes that makes you feel like your looking into a galaxy, and his circular lensed glasses that everyone says that brings out his eyes.